Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aston Martin Cygnet debuts at Harrods

November 2010
The Cygnet has hatched! Aston Martin’s new luxury supermini has made its production debut at the Harrods department store in London.

The Cygnet will be built at Aston’s Gaydon HQ from next year, but prospective buyers can get in early glimpse of the firm’s controversial newcomer in the store’s Brompton Road window display.

The first production Cygnet features all of Aston’s hallmark design features, like the aluminium grille, side strakes and C-shaped rear lights, but crammed onto the body of a Toyota iQ. The Japanese superminis are shipped to Aston specially, where each is then painted, trimmed and assembled by hand to become a Cygnet.

The Cygnet will be available to view at Harrods until Saturday 11th December with the car on sale now through Aston Martin’s European dealership network.

Read more: Aston Martin Cygnet debuts at Harrods | News | Auto Express

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
this car stuns me every time. and not in a good way at all.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
you know what? I'm a huge aston purist - generally. But this car, seeing actual pictures of it - it doesn't bug me. It is so far removed from their other cars it almost seems like a novelty. I'm alright with it on this one thread this one time....

I'll be back to change my mind.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I want one, so long as I can get it with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is a means to an end. If I had to buy one to assure that i would be able to own a V12 Vantage I would write the check. Oh by the way, I wonder how long it will take RSC to jack up the HP.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Not feeling this one.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Not a huge fan of the red.

Mine should get here in Q2 '11.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
My GF thought it would be cute to modify my rental car reservation to a iQ…I was in a terrible rush so I took it…turned out to be a decent ride for a few days…only a few days and not to be repeated. Its beyond me why a marque like AM would market such a thing. Just because MB (Daimler) pulled off the Smart doesn't mean others should follow.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Looks like King Kong took a DBS and squeezed it tight from front to rear. Very nice though. Smart car ain't got sh*t on this!!!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I should buy this to drive in the city, I wont get any more parking tickets!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts