·
Banned
3,661 Posts
why???

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
To meet fuel regulations?

With that price-point, nobody will buy one. But, it will allow them to offset the emissions of the real cars.

Nick

·
Registered
583 Posts
i just dont understand it i guess :( but i dont really understand the One-77 either(because of the price mainly) but i do hope aston does... i would say to compete with the mini or something but 30k starting price/50 fully loaded??.....

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
exactly...why???????????????

this one makes the whole brand looks silly....

what is the point of it? if you want a luxury car to cruise with high performance and style you take an aston,,, if you want a city car you can take vw polo golf..ford focus etc,why to buy an aston immitation?

i really dont unterstand the point of it...i just dislike 100% the idea....

·
Silver Sponsor
200 Posts
fools. They screwed up with the 4 door too

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Thats just wrong, I'm sure there is a valid reason why, but its still wrong..

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
A better than a smarts car!! Driving that in England is probably pretty confortable.

I think its good to see brands go for better efficient cars, we all have to admit that super cars will one day be extinct.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Sick !

I wanna see it in person.

·
Registered
670 Posts
We were all pretty stunned at the dealership when we heard this was actually a go... it is for fuel regulations. They need to average all the CO2 emissions of their vehicles. Astons numbers are too high and they need to bring the average down... enter the Cygnet. Its a Toyota IQ platform. Dont expect to see to many of them in North America. We wont be seeing any in Canada (as we've been told because our emissions laws are so slack here). Aston said there is a good base in the UK for them. Im nbot a fan personally, seemed more like a publicity stunt at first.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i am going to buy one because everyone hates it so much. i think it is absolutely hilarious that the knee jerk reaction is mainly by people who do not own astons.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i cant wait to see what clarkson says about this :lol: :lol:
i believe he already said that he understands that this car is a necessity for the company to meet regulations. i'm sure they hate that they are making it just as much as we do.

·
Registered
633 Posts
The new emissions and efficiency requirements are what is to blame for this type of stuff....something about fossil fuels and global warming and the illuminati....but the small singly owned car companies like Aston, Lotus, etc are going to be hurt the most especially via brand name and overall image. More companies need to do like Koneigsegg (sp) and buy another car company like Saab so they can produce energy efficient cars for that company and stay within rules easier...win!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts