Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not at the level to get bumped up automatically, so I have to call right at the 24 hour mark before the departure. For my last flight, I managed to get it for the way down, but not for the way back. Is there anyway to make sure I get it? Flying US Air, domestically. PHL>FLL and back

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm not at the level to get bumped up automatically, so I have to call right at the 24 hour mark before the departure. For my last flight, I managed to get it for the way down, but not for the way back. Is there anyway to make sure I get it? Flying US Air, domestically. PHL>FLL and back
Buy a first class ticket.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
So to get this right: You call up the airline 24h before departure and go: "hey, can I get bumped to first class if you have any seats left?"

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
After 250k miles it's a nice gift, after 500k miles you can almost get it with little to no fuss ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Without buying an actual 1st class ticket there's no way you can actually "assure" that you fly first class to and fro. Thus, either buy a 1st class ticket or you can do something that's not commonplace in today's society of smart phones and text messaging: You can speak face to face with the ticket agent when you check in! This typically works for me whenever I fly and remember to do it....meaning Im not in a rush. Take your time, speak to the agent, be polite, courteous, and witty, and provided there are seats, you'll get bumped. There was only one time that didn't work for me and that was because I was on a red eye back home to JFK. Way overcrowded.

So give it a try. of course it does help if you know how to speak persuasively to people in general on a daily basis. But, it should work for ya. If it doesn't, don't give up, keep at it until it becomes 2nd nature. Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have a problem buying the ticket or calling 24 hrs before, My problem was that all the seats were already taken before that 24 hr period!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts