Luxury4Play.com banner

Ariel Atom - Your Thoughts

4K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  tblackj 
#1 ·
I personally like the Ariel Atom. I think its light weight, acceleration, cornering, and the overall "baby F1 car" look it has going on rock. I saw some of these in person, so I figured I'd share. I wish I would have had a go kart like this when I was a kid, lol. What do you think of the Atom?

#2 ·
It's a great track car. However, safety is a big concern. There is no crumple zone and anything you hit will end up in your face. Even when on a track, it'd still be dangerous.

Besides safety, I think it is reliable and a thrill to drive. Kind of like a motorcyle. I would actually prefer a motor cycle which can be easy to manuver out of trouble.

#3 ·
Im a big fan of them. Wish I could find one used at a decent price. djantlive makes a few valid points about saftey, but it is highly manuverable. It can pretty much out handle, accelerate and out brake anything on the road. Just requires an aware driver.

#6 ·
I've had two and they are a lot of fun. I think they are safer than a motorcycle because I've never seen anyone lay an Atom over after washing out on gravel. They are small and the size becomes very clear on the interstate. When you can drive UNDER a semi, it makes you feel a little weird.

#7 ·
The best fun I had in a car ever. Seriously.
But it's british, not american.

#9 ·
most fun I have ever had on 4 wheels. Car does exactly what you tell it to. Super fun.

#15 ·
By far the most fun car I've ever driven, but its a workout. You need to drive it defensively (like you would a motorcycle) because its so small and low to the ground that other drivers can't see you. I'll agree with Thomas that it's safer than a motorcycle but if you get hit hard, you'll be fvcked just the same. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.