Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally like the Ariel Atom. I think its light weight, acceleration, cornering, and the overall "baby F1 car" look it has going on rock. I saw some of these in person, so I figured I'd share. I wish I would have had a go kart like this when I was a kid, lol. What do you think of the Atom?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
It's a great track car. However, safety is a big concern. There is no crumple zone and anything you hit will end up in your face. Even when on a track, it'd still be dangerous.

Besides safety, I think it is reliable and a thrill to drive. Kind of like a motorcyle. I would actually prefer a motor cycle which can be easy to manuver out of trouble.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Im a big fan of them. Wish I could find one used at a decent price. djantlive makes a few valid points about saftey, but it is highly manuverable. It can pretty much out handle, accelerate and out brake anything on the road. Just requires an aware driver.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
It's a great track car. However, safety is a big concern. There is no crumple zone and anything you hit will end up in your face. Even when on a track, it'd still be dangerous.
It requires an alertnesss when drives. Silver Surfer has one

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
I've had two and they are a lot of fun. I think they are safer than a motorcycle because I've never seen anyone lay an Atom over after washing out on gravel. They are small and the size becomes very clear on the interstate. When you can drive UNDER a semi, it makes you feel a little weird.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
The best fun I had in a car ever. Seriously.
But it's british, not american.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
most fun I have ever had on 4 wheels. Car does exactly what you tell it to. Super fun.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
By far the most fun car I've ever driven, but its a workout. You need to drive it defensively (like you would a motorcycle) because its so small and low to the ground that other drivers can't see you. I'll agree with Thomas that it's safer than a motorcycle but if you get hit hard, you'll be fvcked just the same. :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Besides safety, I think it is reliable and a thrill to drive. Kind of like a motorcyle. I would actually prefer a motor cycle which can be easy to manuver out of trouble.
You make a really good point about the crumple zone, I had not considered that.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've had two and they are a lot of fun. I think they are safer than a motorcycle because I've never seen anyone lay an Atom over after washing out on gravel. They are small and the size becomes very clear on the interstate. When you can drive UNDER a semi, it makes you feel a little weird.
Interesting. When driving an Ariel Atom on the highway, do you get a similar sensation of being affected by the airflow of semi trucks as you do on a motorcycle?

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
Interesting. When driving an Ariel Atom on the highway, do you get a similar sensation of being affected by the airflow of semi trucks as you do on a motorcycle?
I didn't notice. There is so much wind and noise around you, you don't really notice anything.

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
I've heard one of these atoms got enough speed and traction to ride up a tunnel wall....

anyone heard of this story?
You've watched The Italian Job too many times....:lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts