Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lots of bad reviews but i really like the damn thing...

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well if i were to get a Casio it wouldn't be a g-shock it would be the pathfinder.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Short answer yes, long answer not at all. Lemme explain (based on my experience) it takes a lot of reading and playing around to set it up correctly. The watch is essentially a computer in a watch case. Failure to set it up properly every time you use it will give false readings. Once you master and understand all that, the newer models are amazing, and their customer support is next to none.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Short answer yes, long answer not at all. Lemme explain (based on my experience) it takes a lot of reading and playing around to set it up correctly. The watch is essentially a computer in a watch case. Failure to set it up properly every time you use it will give false readings. Once you master and understand all that, the newer models are amazing, and their customer support is next to none.
This is a very good answer, and I would agree 100%. In my mind this thing is a wristop. I'm an avid mountaineer, trail runner and backpacker, and I put the Core through the paces. I usually log 15k feet of vertical a week, all tracked via gps, topo map, and the Core. The watch is always within about 3 feet per 300 feet gained, weather dependent. That's pretty damn accurate, especially in Colorado where the pressure changes quickly and with little warning. If you can operate it well, and buy a new model, I wouldn't worry at all. Their customer service, as mentioned, is awesome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.