Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lots of bad reviews but i really like the damn thing...

·
10,594 Posts
Man I think G's are pretty cool super resilient disposable watches but I'm gonna have to call Bull Shyt on that :rofl:

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
yeah, its fake. but still cool... lol

i have seen some crazy tests they do on their watches

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
A lot of the issues with the Core's were with the early models. I've had no issues over 10 months of seriously heavy use. It eats batteries, but I'm using it heavily every day and expected as much.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well if i were to get a Casio it wouldn't be a g-shock it would be the pathfinder.

·
10,594 Posts
This was mine. I like the fact that they have a large display and large diameter case. The military strap looked and wore well. If you want one I recommend getting one as they are pretty inexpensive.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Short answer yes, long answer not at all. Lemme explain (based on my experience) it takes a lot of reading and playing around to set it up correctly. The watch is essentially a computer in a watch case. Failure to set it up properly every time you use it will give false readings. Once you master and understand all that, the newer models are amazing, and their customer support is next to none.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Short answer yes, long answer not at all. Lemme explain (based on my experience) it takes a lot of reading and playing around to set it up correctly. The watch is essentially a computer in a watch case. Failure to set it up properly every time you use it will give false readings. Once you master and understand all that, the newer models are amazing, and their customer support is next to none.
This is a very good answer, and I would agree 100%. In my mind this thing is a wristop. I'm an avid mountaineer, trail runner and backpacker, and I put the Core through the paces. I usually log 15k feet of vertical a week, all tracked via gps, topo map, and the Core. The watch is always within about 3 feet per 300 feet gained, weather dependent. That's pretty damn accurate, especially in Colorado where the pressure changes quickly and with little warning. If you can operate it well, and buy a new model, I wouldn't worry at all. Their customer service, as mentioned, is awesome.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have one complain about mine...THE BATTERY!.....it only lasts about 2 months on mine..but it does a lot of cool stuff...so if you dont mind that then its def a good watch...feels pretty cheap tho...very light

1 - 17 of 17 Posts