Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before you guys go nuts and tell me how tasteless it is. Please take a deep breath and hear me out.

Marcel Lech Photography(2exotic) and I went to go shoot this car two weeks ago. It looks even crazier in real life. I know the wrap and the ski rack may not suit the taste of many of you here- however, think of it this way. Lamborghini has never been one for subtlety- why should the customizations? Look at the Countach, the Diablo, or even Veneno for that matter. Yes you would be right to point out all of those models are crazily designed in terms of aesthetics- that's irrelevant to the colour. But even in regards to colour schemes- Blu Cepheus, Blu Glauco (the turquoise/tiffany blue) the one we shot earlier this month, matte gold... etc all ridiculous colours that have come from the Lamborghini factory it self.

As for the ski rack, yes your eyes are not lying, there is a ski rack on the Aventador. For those questioning the added weight to the car- i'm fairly confident it's marginal. In my opinion having a friend sit in the passenger seat would be equivalent to this modification. Unlike most other exotics, the Aventador has 4 wheel drive, making it an ideal winter-exotic. Sure there's the R8 but this is even nuttier. Yes, I realize there are SUV's in our world. That's besides the point.

So before you torch the anonymous owner, Marcel Lech Photography, and myself, in the comments, re-read the passage above.

Details about this car. This car is in Vancouver Canada. There are only three Aventadors in the world with a ski rack- the two other ones are in Europe; the two countries escape my mind. This is the only one that is wrapped in this Bape Arctic-camo pattern (insert snarky "there's a reason for that" joke here), has a Innotech Performance Exhaust system, and has a Liberty Walk Aventador kit.

Side note these photos made it on to Jon Olsson's website! Impressive! – Jon Olsson - Official homepage and blog

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I think its practical and it grabs attention. It's a win to me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Tasteless my a$$ I f'cking love it!

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Why does this post assume we have never seen a Jon Olsson car before? There is nothing new or groundbreaking about this. Looks great, though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Absolutely love it ... I would never do it to my own Aventador, but I do admire it, actually when I saw it on FB earlier today I thought it was Jon Olsson's new car ... great to see he did notice it too and post it on his blog.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Completely pointless.

Actually, I'm joking and love it. Makes me want to slap a rack/box combo on my vehicles, even though I never see one bit of snow.

·
Registered
448 Posts
holy crap!!!! THAT'S FREAKING AWESOME!!!!! now that is a winter warrior!!! sweet machine

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I'd drive this 100%. Practical (as far as a lambo goes anyway), looks badass, and as a snowboarder the ski rack would get used every weekend.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
wow that is insane

1 - 20 of 40 Posts