Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that dont understand about the price of these low number plates, in many arab countries, the lower the plate number, the more important you are. They were bidding on the Number 1 plate which sold for 52 mill AED, or $14.5 mill USD!!!!!!!! Just for a license tag!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
That is NUTS! I thought spending $100k usd in HK for a plate was crazy enough, but $14.5MM! At least the money goes to a charity.

·
Banned
3,661 Posts
wow that is crazy money!!! i can just imagine how much a negative number would go for lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
gdamn... Im pissed off that I have to pay 90 bucks to renew my tags and these mofos are dropping coin like theres no tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Wow I would never spend that much on anything but a house or a yacht!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Too much money to blow over there

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Plates are always a good investment...you can sell it later for twice as much if the combo is unique.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Plates are always a good investment...you can sell it later for twice as much if the combo is unique.
yeah. I see you live over there so i know you understand that a number plate is soley a status symbol of wealth, power and importance. The lower the number, the higher the price and the more important you are. It is no different to spend $5 million on a plate over there then for a single, rich american to spend $5 million on a house here. It isn't a necessity but just a bragging right, status symbol or luxury.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
It is no different to spend $5 million on a plate over there then for a single, rich american to spend $5 million on a house here. It isn't a necessity but just a bragging right, status symbol or luxury.
Ya, except the fact that one is a piece of tin and the other is a mansion. :whistle: Fair point.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
The media (of course) didn't really cover this thoroughly. This event was for charity.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya, except the fact that one is a piece of tin and the other is a mansion. :whistle: Fair point.
well, sorta. The plate's value will always go up, mansions and homes are going down in value. If you watched the vid, he was going to turn around and sell for 100 million AED

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Saw an Aston Martin in Chicago with "IIIII"

Not sure how many I's there were, but cool none-the-less... No $14M plate, but simple plates like that always seem important.

Guy from another forum bought 3 plates for all his cars. I believe they were 051, 052, 053. No significance, just the only consecutive low set of numbers he could get.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Didn't realize it was for charity. Oops. I take it back. :bow1:
Yes. Most auctions of plates are done by the government and do go to charity 100% of the time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts