Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 65" Tv for my house and regular cable just isn't cutting it. I'm not looking for anything extravagant, just a good way to watch movies and do other things. Does anyone here have experience with Apple Tv? What are some of the pros and cons? The only con I can think of with blurays is that I only watch movies once MAYBE twice, so spending $20+ for a movie I'll once watch a couple of times seems a bit excessive

Or would I be better off jailbreaking my iPad and using that to connect to the tv and watch movies and seach the internet?

·
Gold Sponsor
237 Posts
Apple TV all the way bro. For $99 its one of the things you will use most. Our customers will have a 500K system installed and talk to us about how cool the Apple TV is lol..A squeezebox for audio is key too

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
if you're not big on buying blu rays, then the apple tv will suit your needs perfectly.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have an Apple TV and use it all the time. Not a lot you won't find on there and streaming music is great too.

·
Registered
479 Posts
You've got a massive 65" 1080p television, I would say that you are one of the few out there who would actually benefit from the full potential of Blu-ray technology. There would be a noticeable difference between 720p (Apple TV) and 1080p (Blu-ray) on a 65" screen. In your case, the best picture possible is unfortunately not through Apple TV.

IMO, renting a movie one time only for $4.99 is a waste when you can spend another $15 and own a Blu-ray disc. You own it, play it anywhere, anytime with zero hassles. Most of the movies offered via Netflix streaming (I'm assuming that's what you would be using?) are obsolete anyway.

FWIW, I have a 63" Samsung Plasma with Blu-ray and the picture is just simply stunning.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up getting a bluray player. I tried buying the sandlot on DVD but I couldn't find it anywhere! I found it on sale for $4.99 on bluray along with a bunch of other good movies in the $10-15 range so I just bought a cheap $100 player. I wasn't thinking and realized I could get Netflix on my Xbox, plus the bluray player has wifi and Netflix installed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts