Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After collecting a few Daytonas, I'm set to pick up my first AP and eyeballing the new 2014 ROOs. I prefer purchasing from an authorized dealer. With that in mind, what type of discount should I be negotiating on the price? The watch will obviously be a brand new 2014 ROO and from what I gather online, the suggested retail price will be in the $26K range.

I'm trying to ensure I'm not overpaying and getting a good deal... at the same time I'm not trying to rob the dealer either. What would be fair?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I am not tied to a discount. Just want to make sure I am not being taken. And that I am also not insulting the AD. They seem to be open to discussing a price so I wanted to understand what the right ballpark would be.

·
Registered
22 Posts
to be fair, I would ask for a 10% discount of msrp. if they say no, then find a dealer that will.
trust me, they are still making 20% margin after discount at least.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
to be fair, I would ask for a 10% discount of msrp. if they say no, then find a dealer that will.
trust me, they are still making 20% margin after discount at least.
Not happening on any '14 releases, within the year.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Not happening on any '14 releases, within the year.
Agreed. I have - oops had - an AP Boutique here and they are strictly forbidden to give discounts at Boutiques. If you've noticed, Tourneau now touts itself as a multi-boutique, and more and more brands are opening up Boutiques. So that discounting doesn't happen anymore, brands are trying to take control of their selling. I'm not saying that it can't, but it will not be an easy task.

If it were me, I'd phrase it more as a tax discount. PM me - maybe I can help...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts