Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved to Portland from Seattle, after first thursday in the Pearl I saw enough exotics to thinkg there may be a cars and coffee or somthing going on down here. Anything petrolheads down here?:D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Beaches get together at PIR raceway on Wed nights thru Sept. They get a few exotics but many hotrods. Great way to spend a Wed evening and only $5.00 to enter.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Won't be able to make it for the next 2 weeks. Have a great time.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I don’t know why but I have never associated Portland with high end exotics, fine dining or other such cultural refineries but that doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

Let me ask, what are the nicer areas of Portland, and are there nicer fine dining establishments and cigar shops and other such stuff? I might be visiting there soon and want to get an idea of where the head or what to do when I arrive. I have a very top end budget so prices are no issue.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I don’t know why but I have never associated Portland with high end exotics, fine dining or other such cultural refineries but that doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

Let me ask, what are the nicer areas of Portland, and are there nicer fine dining establishments and cigar shops and other such stuff? I might be visiting there soon and want to get an idea of where the head or what to do when I arrive. I have a very top end budget so prices are no issue.
The Pearl District in downtown Portland along with Bridgeport Plaza, Washington Square and the main areas around those places are all pretty good places for shopping and dining. As far as the nicer areas within the Portland area, definitely Lake Oswego along with Tigard, Beaverton, Happy Valley, and Tualitin are the main ones that come to mind.

Here's the link for Cars & Coffee at Bridgeport:
http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201887

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Yeah CnC at Bridgeport has been going stong for two years now, It had a slight venue change at the end of the season this year but there are still some die-hards that get out there in the winter as well.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Let me ask a few more direct questions regarding the Portland area.

If a person were interested in opening a very nice upscale restaurant (4 star w/ valet parking) in a structure (Building complex) that will also house a small section for retail shops which also included a small trendy café / club, a coffee shop, a small convenience store and a cigar shop all geared towards or targeted to the upper mobile demographic, where would such a development be best located or fit into the greater Portland area.

The lot / parcel of land needed for this project has to be a minimum of 480ft X 445ft

Will you also give a brief description as to why you suggest the area that you have.

I appreciation any input or suggestions,

VH

PS The image linked are to give you an idea of the style or type of building

·
Registered
918 Posts
For that style, look more towards Lake Oswego or Lake Ridge and West Linn. Mainly because those areas are predominantly wealthy and demand such amenities, while being able to afford them without question. Of course in the areas surrounding LO or LR, such as Tigard, Tualatin, and SE Beaverton (Murray Hill), there will be a small demand, but I think that will be better suited towards a upper middle to upper class areas as described.

Money is scarce here unless you have it. If you have to ask how much that is, you don't have enough. No disrespect intended but that's how it goes.

The convenience store will have to be VERY small, like smaller than a 7/11 but with a better selection of wine/champagne, cigars, etc. To get valet in the suburbs you will have to acquire a lot of property (*property taxes). If you want something in the city, IE. downtown, rent will be outrageous.

Hit me up with any questions, I've lived here for about 13 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts