Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a phone, that was until this week available on their website. The kin twom. It is for my mom (she likes the 8mp camera + wifi with no data plan). This hurts me as a die hard android phone user.

Anyways, I called and they said it was showing as low stock, but they can't order it. That didn't really make sense to me. I'm not looking to do anything illegal or whatever, just order the phone with our 2 year upgrade and activate it on our plan.

If anyone on here works for verizon or knows someone who does, the hookup would be much appreciated. Respond here or PM! woo!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Since the Kin models keep getting discontinued and brought back, the customer service rep probably doesn't have a clue as to if they'll be back in stock or not.

I know you want to avoid the multimedia and data plans, but FYI the Kin twom is most returned phone to Verizon for various reasons.

I have friends that work at Verizon, I'll look into it to see if there's anything they can do to help out in your situation.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since the Kin models keep getting discontinued and brought back, the customer service rep probably doesn't have a clue as to if they'll be back in stock or not.

I know you want to avoid the multimedia and data plans, but FYI the Kin twom is most returned phone to Verizon for various reasons.

I have friends that work at Verizon, I'll look into it to see if there's anything they can do to help out in your situation.
We looked into a bunch of phones for her, she has had the same one for the past 4 years. And this was the one she settled on, her friend has it and they both think it is phenomenal. Not worth arguing with my mom, so I told her I would see what I could do.

Thank you for the potential assistance sir. :bow1:

·
Registered
191 Posts
My bum Verizon friends can't do much right now but wave a couple fees it seems.

Have you thought about this? Use the upgrade to get a desirable phone, iPhone 4, Droid Bionic, X2, Thunderbolt, and sell it on craigslist/ebay. I sold a Droid X awhile back for $400 and only paid $200 for the upgrade to get it in the first place. Then use the profit to buy a Kin twom from craigslist/ebay, and activate it on her line.

Here's a Kin twom that's on sale locally in my area, so they're out there: Verizon Kin TwoM

More work involved, but you may get a slight profit out of it ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
My bum Verizon friends can't do much right now but wave a couple fees it seems.

Have you thought about this? Use the upgrade to get a desirable phone, iPhone 4, Droid Bionic, X2, Thunderbolt, and sell it on craigslist/ebay. I sold a Droid X awhile back for $400 and only paid $200 for the upgrade to get it in the first place. Then use the profit to buy a Kin twom from craigslist/ebay, and activate it on her line.

Here's a Kin twom that's on sale locally in my area, so they're out there: Verizon Kin TwoM

More work involved, but you may get a slight profit out of it ;)
Gamble,

Once you sold the phone did you go to another data-planned phone? The only issue I could see is once he sells the phone would be canceling the data plan. If I remember correctly, the data plan comes bundled with the plan so I don't know if you can still remove it like in the past.

If you can though, I would definitely go this route and then just unload it and use the proceeds to buy the kin twon.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Gamble,

Once you sold the phone did you go to another data-planned phone? The only issue I could see is once he sells the phone would be canceling the data plan. If I remember correctly, the data plan comes bundled with the plan so I don't know if you can still remove it like in the past.

If you can though, I would definitely go this route and then just unload it and use the proceeds to buy the kin twon.
Once you sell the phone, you can cancel the data plan if you aren't using another smart phone. The data plan is an extra feature aside from the basic plans, but it is mandatory if you have a smart phone. Now if you try to add one of their "multimedia" phones after selling the smart phone, then they will remove the data plan but make you purchase the multimedia plan ($9.99 a month I think.)

Basically the data plan can be dropped if you replace your smart phone with a non-smart phone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts