Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm probably out of luck looking for feedback on this since a majority of the L4P members have an Iphone.
But if you do have one post up your feedback on this phone. I'm looking at going with Sprint and was mostly curious to see if you can surf the net and talk at the same time on the Sprint network.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Yeah, I pre ordered one for the GF and it delivered on Monday. She loves it. I personally use a Samsung Note, which I think is awesome. Before that I had a Samsung Focus (Windows 7) phone. It's my belief that Samsung is where to be for a smart phone. Have had nothing but good experiences so far. Actually, even before that, I had a Blackjack II prior to my Blackberry, it was a good little phone as well.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
if I am not mistaken, as far as surfing the net and talking at the same time, i dont think it can on Sprint, because Sprint is a CDMA network, which technologically cannot do both at the same time.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I believe it has SVDO connectivity, so you should be able to surf and talk at the same time. You can with the EVO 4G LTE and I think it is the same with the S3.

·
Registered
377 Posts
You can talk and text on the EVO lte and the S3 for sprint. One thing to consider is if there is sprint LTE in your area yet. If not you will be on 3G until LTE is rolled out. AT&T and Verizon got a head start on their LTE networks so you have a better chance to be covered with them. The phone itself is exactly the same on all 4 major networks and it realy is a great handset. The hardware is top of the line as far memory, processor, screen, and cameras but the distinguishing factor for me is the software side of it. The phone won't dim the screen if it recognizes your face while your reading something on it, you can pause music playing by just putting your hand over the screen, swipe your palm right to left on the screen to take a screen shot. Stuff like that makes it really convenient but your have to check it out in person to see if you like the size of it as it's considerably bigger then most other older phones.

Let me know if you have any other questions about it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea the only thing I don't like about Sprint is that their not on the 4G LTE yet. I won't go with AT&T because they cap your data usage

·
Registered
1 Posts
i've had it since Saturday and i love it.
I had the GS2 Skyrocket before but it was slow and the fact that this one has 2gb of ram makes it very quick.

Camera is nice, fast too! Battery life is good, last a whole day usually, with minimal phone usage, lots of social networking, and pandora usage about 30 -45 a day

I was tentative coming from my iPhone but i'm happy I made the switch, and since the GS3 has a home button it makes me feel more at home than i did on the Skyrocket's captive buttons.

·
Administrator
708 Posts
I bought a white s3 a while back. I got the international quad core version. Still loving it. I switched from my lagging blackberry. I just got the white otterbox commuter case that was released.

Dwayn

1 - 15 of 15 Posts