Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need something 4 doors and thinking about a smaller SUV.. test drove the SQ5, have yet to find the time to drive the Macan. Was hoping for some feedback.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had the Cayenne for years and drove the Macan for around 2 weeks. Was happy to be back in the Cayenne. Feels like a more solid build car overall.
Of course the interior in the Macan is updated and some other stuff but if you're planning on modifying any Porsche SUV, stick with the Cayenne. All Macan owners I know have
much more problems with reliability than I ever had with my Cayenne.

Anyway, just my 2 cents..

·
Registered
332 Posts
Did something 4 doors and thinking about a smaller SUV.. test drove the SQ5, have yet to find the time to drive the Macan. Was hoping for some feedback.
Dont own one, but have driven them numerous times.
Obviously media stuff and interior quality is quite a notch up from the q5, but from a pure driving standpoint, apart from the turbo one, its pretty much a q5.
The only thing that really bothers me about audis in general is their properly dated nav system. other than that, a used sq5 is what i would pick up if it was my money and if id be down to those two cars.
since you have driven the sq5, im guessing youre in the market for a diesel. The sq5 does have quite a bit more power than the macan S diesel.
Maintenance is gonna be a good bit more expensive on the porsche too.

thats all i can really tell you. its not much but i hope i could help !
cheers

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have one. Picked it up the first week they were out. Had it about a year and 6K miles. I have owned 10+ 911's and 2 Cayennes. The Macan is the best all around Porsche I have owned. Absolutely outstanding. I have had zero service issues; in fact I just did an annual service and that was the first time it had been in. They did do a bunch of updates to the car; service bulletin stuff. It's quiet, quick (I have an S), the exhaust sounds very cool, and it handles well. I wanted to take it out for a club track day but they wouldn't let me out in it.

On the Cayenne comment above I totally disagree. I sold a 2010 GTS and my loaner when I took mine in as a brand new Cayenne diesel. The dealer is 75 miles from the house so I got a lot of seat time on the highway and city. I literally thought the window was cracked in the Cayenne; I could clearly hear trucks as I passed them. I did not notice how quiet the Macan was until that drive.

The only thing I regret is that I cannot find letters, like the ones on the back of the car, that say Bacon. I really want to just change mine from a Macan S to a Bacon S... :)

ps. We get a lot of complements on the Macan. We have people come up and look at it all the time. There are 2 Q5's in the garage at work that park near me and imo the Macan is a much better (tougher) looking crossover.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the feedback. im hoping to test drive the macan this week. It would be my first Porsche so I'm looking forward to it

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I have to disagree with the comment "its basically a q5" Its 15% audi 85% Porsche. Based off the q5 its been modified and more weight added to the rear. PDK only car in class with dual clutch, all wheel drive system from C4S, staggered wheel fitment, it has a rear wheel drive bias vs fwd like the q5. It is a great driving car having driven it at Barber vs everything else in its class.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts