Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
UPDATE

Well after calling couple installers , no one could come out till Tuesday earliest .. Said WTF , called up a buddy who I know has tools and atleast how to mess with electric. Told him come over and bring his tools and a ladder lol Now 2 ppl picking up a 80 inch isnt for the faint of heart .
Went to Home Depot picked up some peices that I thought I needed , allready sourced 2 50foot HDMI cables and my direct tv guy left me about coax wire ..

Measured for the mount , tired to get it as center with the mantle as possible even though the windows are not even length apart from mantle might look off but I wanted to keep centered on mantle instead of windows cuz then it would of looked like it was on the edge of mantle on the left side .

Decided to mount the plug towards left of tv as thats where the hdmi's plug in and thought id save about 5ft of wire that I would of lost mounting to the right and not having ro run another extention .

Look ma I mounted a TV !!!lol

this is from about where the closet is that I ran the box into on the far left of pic behind me is the entrance door couple feet behind

side front side view

MaSi on the screen

Box and wires in the closet , cant see when doors shut

Far side view from kitchen , had to tilt a little as its pretty up there , love that I cant see any wires anywhere

can sit here allday and take pics of this thing .. In all honesty for some reason is doesnt seem like 80 inchs on this wall but cant wait to watch a movie at night on it , I have yet to mess with any settings but watching Ironman2 looks like its live lol.
At the end of the today I think Im more geeked up that I actually installed this myself <with the help of my friend of course> . The fact that in the beginning I was gonna mount the boxes to the side of the wall and now they are hidden and not seen anywhere in the room , I love shit like that . And to be able to say I did that make it all more worth the while , cannot beleive was gonna pay somone $500++ to do this .. I got this Tv at best buy with mount for just under 2500 with 4 yr warrenty + tax a little over $3 grand total .. I like big gaudy type stuff when it comes to certain things , and TVs are one of them lol , so I think this tv suits me perfectly for now . Will update how I like it and how it performs once I start messing with it . thanks for replies !!!

just wanted add one more pics , this was my 50inch Samsung I bought in 2008 , it was in my condo main room , now has turned into the bedroom tv .. gonna mount that on wall but another day lol

later thanks for looking

·
Registered
797 Posts
thats one big computer screen , im just using a cheapo 32inch vizeo , will have to hook up my 50 inch samsung just to see what its like .
how far do you sit back from the screen ? im guessing your using wireless mouse and keyboard lol
Yea it is lol right now I use a 40inch LCD Westinghouse for my laptop with an hdmi and the quality looks good. I would go for the 4k because youtube and vimeo offer a lot of 4k content and it's a big screen for the price plus I can always switch to ps3. The TV came out great by the way, do you ever plan on hooking up a game system, if so how will you run the wires?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Damn, nice job. That thing is huge. Is the a/v a pain in the closet? I imagine you have to have the closet open for the remote to work... Also, any plans for surround sound? They make some great in-wall speakers nowadays.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Damn, nice job. That thing is huge. Is the a/v a pain in the closet? I imagine you have to have the closet open for the remote to work... Also, any plans for surround sound? They make some great in-wall speakers nowadays.
there are a bunch of options so you dont have to do that.

I use an IR extender (cheap and it works)

you can also get an IR to RF converter so you can pretty much control it from anywhere in the house.

I have a somewhat similar setup, with a space that large I've always loved the way a nice set of floorstanding speakers looked

·
5,744 Posts
Calibration will make a huge difference. I've calibrated nearly everyone I knows TV, based on suggestions, professional setups, etc. on AVS. Here's a starting point calibration for your TV..

AV Mode: Standard
OPC: On
Backlight: +12
Contrast: +37
Brightness: -14
Color: -1
Tint: +3
Sharpness: +3
CMS Hue:+8, +1, 0, -4, 0, 0
CMS Sat: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
CMS Val: +5, -6, +30, +30, -4, +10
10 Point Setting:
1: +29, +12, +26
2: +7, +3, +10
3: -2, +1, -5
4: -9, -2, -8
5: -14, -1, -10
6: -17, -1, -17
7: -18, -2, -20
8: -18, -1, -18
9: -15, 0, -5
10: -5, 0, 0
Motion Enhancement: Off
Active Contrast: Off
Gamma: +1
Film Mode: Advanced +1
DNR: Auto
Range of OPC: +12, -12

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Where did you find that?

Calibration will make a huge difference. I've calibrated nearly everyone I knows TV, based on suggestions, professional setups, etc. on AVS. Here's a starting point calibration for your TV..

AV Mode: Standard
OPC: On
Backlight: +12
Contrast: +37
Brightness: -14
Color: -1
Tint: +3
Sharpness: +3
CMS Hue:+8, +1, 0, -4, 0, 0
CMS Sat: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
CMS Val: +5, -6, +30, +30, -4, +10
10 Point Setting:
1: +29, +12, +26
2: +7, +3, +10
3: -2, +1, -5
4: -9, -2, -8
5: -14, -1, -10
6: -17, -1, -17
7: -18, -2, -20
8: -18, -1, -18
9: -15, 0, -5
10: -5, 0, 0
Motion Enhancement: Off
Active Contrast: Off
Gamma: +1
Film Mode: Advanced +1
DNR: Auto
Range of OPC: +12, -12

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
G-flo - are you really still rocking those paper blinds?

You need to start up a new thread when you get those sweet ass wood blinds installed. :)

Nice setup - i'm curious as why you didn't go with the electrical/coaxial outlet combo? Did it not work with the existing setup?

·
Registered
976 Posts
You can PM me your model# if you want, and I can try and nail down the thread for your settings.

-Markus-
Markus, mind if I shoot you a PM as well? I have 2 Samsung 46" LCDs and did some small tweaks here and there but not anywhere near it's potential :(

41 - 56 of 56 Posts