Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a curious question, I've become fascinated with Concorde and I know there's quite a few well-off members here, just was wondering if anyone flew on the jet before they were retired and what kind of experience you had flying on it???

Surely someone here has!

·
Registered
182 Posts
When returning from a ME trip we flew Concorde from Kuwait to Paris, fantastic experience, service by the cabin crew was outstanding (only modern day equivalent Singapore Airlines)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Never flown on it but did see its last flight when it flew across the Uk with the red arrows, will never forget it seeing it flying in close formation at low level

·
Registered
395 Posts
I was at EAA in Oshkosh the year the Concorde was going to be there. But the accident was before the air show so we never got to see it. I would have loved to have seen it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I was lucky enough to fly to Paris as a teenager, amazing experience! Things I remember vividly- small seats and passenger compartment and the digital speedo above the seats.

I remember thinking then, that by the time I was the age I am now (30's), we would be flying spaceships.... funny how there's been almost no movement in aviation.

·
Registered
395 Posts
When I was young my parents flew on the concord from Dallas to New York. I was a child but I remember going to the gate and standing at the window looking at that slender small bird in all its glory and being fascinated that it was the only airplane that had a nose that lowered so the pilots could see where they were going when taxiing. We waited to watch it take off as I was hoping in my twisted mind that the windows would shatter from the sonic boom.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I flew aboard Concord from New-York to Paris. Just a perfect souvenir, I remember I spent a long time with my eyes locked on the digital speedo behind the cockpit.

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
Flew New York to Paris years ago. Small cabin. Great food. No sense of speed at all.

·
Registered
399 Posts
As a kid living in Barbados I remember when the concord would fly over my house once or twice a week. It was loud but I loved every second of it!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts