·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
This is a completely rebuilt Ferrari 430 engine on eBay for $20k
It would make your Ultima GTR (already amazing), become the best track/fastest street car out there. The power to weight ratio would be INSANE.
Its lacking many many parts that would cost a HUGE amount to complete, basically making it pointless, and its not like its the best engine you could put in there for the price, or power. It no way would it make it "the best track/fastest street car out there" as you say.

Sorry. Not trying to be a dick here, it just is what it is

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
^ gotta agree. a 5.7L chevy v8 can be had for 1/3 the price...brand new and running condition. also lot more for the 350ci than a 430 for the aftermarket...i don't see 1000hp 430's let alone 1500 or 3000hp

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1500HP in a car that weighs the same as a lotus would lift off the ground, impossible downforce would be required.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Chevy LS > F430 Engine...at least in my opinion.

However that Ferrari engine looks nice, slap some glass over it and boom one sexy coffee table.

·
Registered
246 Posts
That would be sick! Totally not smart though. I wonder what transaxle you could use. With the Ultima and an LS you use a G50 transaxle out of a mid 80s 911 turbo and turn it upside down.......

I have a feeling putting this 430 engine in the Ultima would get real expensive real quick.

Also to put into perspective putting an LS7 from american speed dyno'd and with the full kit to basically bolt into the car (minus tranny) is $20k plus.

·
Registered
435 Posts
^ gotta agree. a 5.7L chevy v8 can be had for 1/3 the price...brand new and running condition. also lot more for the 350ci than a 430 for the aftermarket...i don't see 1000hp 430's let alone 1500 or 3000hp
I believe you missed Ray's thread on his scud. Read some more.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I wouldn't take the Ferrari engine. Chevy LS7 or the Chevy race engine whose name I forgot are a better/ cheaper choice and easier to install. But it would kick ass to see a Ferrari engine in an Ultima!

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
^ lots of people....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts