Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!
i'm just wondering if anyone here knows of any jobs or any companies that are hiring right now, i'm a fresh graduate from UC San Diego and just moved back home to the bay area and trying hard to support myself instead of living off of my parents. But the job search has been pretty hard so i'm just wondering if anyone here has anything to maybe help me out, i'd really appreciate it! dinner on me if i can land a job! :)

i'm a economics major from UC San Diego graduated with cum laude latin honors, will be happy to send my resume to anyone who can help me out! looking for jobs in fiance of anything economics related, but i'm open to pretty much anything, have a particular interest in real estate investment (got it from the parents)

mods if this is not allowed i'm very sorry and please feel free to pm me or delete it!

thanks again everyone
Jon

edit
just wanted to add I LOVE CARS so if anyone has any hookups for anything automotive related i'll love you forever :)

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Companies are hiring, but very strategically. If I was you I would try to land a less desirable job ASAP and get some work experience because you could be looking for a while. Not trying to discourage you, I'm just going by what I've seen my friends go through that are in your same situation.

Good luck!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Companies are hiring, but very strategically. If I was you I would try to land a less desirable job ASAP and get some work experience because you could be looking for a while. Not trying to discourage you, I'm just going by what I've seen my friends go through that are in your same situation.

Good luck!
definitely appreciate the advice and have started looking for less desirable jobs already :) thanks

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
less desirable jobs like working for me............ LOL. jk, but bout to hire this one chick monday... anyhow.. offers open for you bro.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
less desirable jobs like working for me............ LOL. jk, but bout to hire this one chick monday... anyhow.. offers open for you bro.

haha thanks johnson we still need to meet up sometime to chat, i'll hit u up sometime after i get both my wisdom teeth out and can actually talk and eat :D

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I'm right there with you. I graduated in March in Accounting and have been working for a bank while sending more resumes.
Hopefully it'll pay off soon.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
There's a new Target opening up at 237 and North 1st Street. :D

But next to it, is a huge Brocade building they're finishing up. Not sure if they're consolidating or expanding but might be worth a look.

Tesla is also trying to get the old NUMI plant geared up for their electric sedan.

Good luck!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm right there with you. I graduated in March in Accounting and have been working for a bank while sending more resumes.
Hopefully it'll pay off soon.

which bank do you work at? I've been looking into working at a bank as well. does your branch have any openings? we could be co workers and drive to work in our m3s together :clap:

There's a new Target opening up at 237 and North 1st Street. :D

But next to it, is a huge Brocade building they're finishing up. Not sure if they're consolidating or expanding but might be worth a look.

Tesla is also trying to get the old NUMI plant geared up for their electric sedan.

Good luck!
haha good idea i actually have a friend who works at brocade, maybe she can hook it up with some internal stuff. i looked into tesla as well but all the jobs are engineering related :(

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
which bank do you work at? I've been looking into working at a bank as well. does your branch have any openings? we could be co workers and drive to work in our m3s together :clap:
Check your pm

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
i would recommend uploading your resume to dice.com. its probably easier to find a contract position than a perm one. it'll likely pay more too.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
2nd on the Dice.com recommendation - excellent place to look for technology/FI jobs.

I've been contracting for years and the money is definitely better than a perm position - it just depends on the perks you feel are important, as you won't get many as a contractor, but your hourly rate should well offset that.

·
Co-Founder
8,885 Posts
PM Me your information

1 - 20 of 20 Posts