Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried quite a few exhaust setups for my A3 1.8t FSI now, all of them sucked.

1. Resonator delete. No volume or pitch change except for slightly louder drone (good drone) WOT at 2-3krpm.

2. Resonator delete + suitcase delete (rear backbox, which joins tips to pipe that leads to res) - OTT, too loud, sets car alarms off, earache inducing drone.

3. Suitcase del with resonator - sounded perfect except droning at 60-80mph, headache and feeling sick kind of drone. Other than that sounded great.

So I am thinking of buying an Eisenmann, I actually have to buy a Golf MKV Gti exhaust as no one does them for my car, but the suitcase shape, pipe diameter and layout is identical. Trouble is these are £1000 which is like $1300...the car is worth £10k, I am not sure I can justify spending 1/10th of the cars worth on sound alone. That being said, if I buy this it will also fit the 3.2 A3 I am upgrading to next.

Has anyone actually heard of Eisenmann? I have looked into so many setups and then consensus being that they are either OEM quiet or drone on the highway. Apparently Eisenmann Race is loud but no drone....

·
Registered
610 Posts
Certainly. They're a reputable company that has made German exhausts for what I assume is quite awhile. While I haven't owned one, I can't recall ever hearing any negative press. I know the M3 guys commonly employ that exhaust with good feedback.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Yes, I've heard of them.
I've also heard their products firsthand before, definitely not a company specializing in quiet exhausts.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
As said above, Eisenmann is very reputable and makes quality products. Their best exhaust (IMO) is the E60 M5. Sounds amazing.

But, I wouldn't waste money (certainly not $1,300!!) trying to get any "pitch" out of the 1.8T. Both that and the 2.0T absolutely suck as far as sound goes and don't really have any potential to sound great IMO. You can get some nice backfires with larger diameter piping but don't expect anything great.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Has anyone heard of eisenmann?

I mean yeah but they aren't very loud honestly

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As said above, Eisenmann is very reputable and makes quality products. Their best exhaust (IMO) is the E60 M5. Sounds amazing.

But, I wouldn't waste money (certainly not $1,300!!) trying to get any "pitch" out of the 1.8T. Both that and the 2.0T absolutely suck as far as sound goes and don't really have any potential to sound great IMO. You can get some nice backfires with larger diameter piping but don't expect anything great.
Yeah I am looking forward to sidegrading to a 3.2 v6. I would just like some exhaust noise really for now instead of silence.

Eisenmann CS got back to me - Sport "sounds stock volume but better" so too quiet and race "has a lot of drone" so too loud. Sigh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts