Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking into D-SLR starter cameras for $499 and down. i have found 3 for my price range: SONY A390, OLYMPUS EVOLT E620, CANON EOS REBEL XS. if anyone has these please let me know how you like it, and could you possible post some pictures below so i could see the quality!
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
i was looking into D-SLR starter cameras for $499 and down. i have found 3 for my price range: SONY A390, OLYMPUS EVOLT E620, CANON EOS REBEL XS. if anyone has these please let me know how you like it, and could you possible post some pictures below so i could see the quality!
Thanks.
Go with a Canon or Nikon, stay away from off brands (Sony, Olympus) if you plan on starting to collect lenses. UNLESS the other brands use lenses from one of the two Big Boys (Nikon, Canon). I know some of the Fuji cameras used Nikon lenses, etc.

That way you stay consistent with your glass, because as mentioned, you will keep the glass for ever and upgrade the body in the future.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I bought used gear and don't regret it for a second... saved a ton of money, and it works like brand new stuff.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my starter cam was a rebel XS...theres actually nothing wrong with it, but i got a 5d2 so i sold it

other than that the camera did its job, just spend $ on red rings :)
would you possible have any pictures off of your XS that i could see? and what are red rings?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would have to say the Sony as well, in body stabilization allows for all compatible lenses to to be used. Not only 3rd party like Tamron or Sigma but legacy glass from Minolta and of course the full SAL range.

If you can afford it, you should look at the new Alpha 580. It has the newest Sony 16MP sensor that is also used by the new Nikon 7000 and Pentax K5.

Once you buy a body that feels good in your hand, it should last a very long time, as they are good for about 100,000+ click.
And as always, the most important thing is the glass.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Alright guys i have to be the odd ball and say SONY FTW!!!! lol

i've been using a sony a350 (comparable to the a390) and have love'd it

example^ i have more in my flickr

Flickr: Fjpanda's Photostream

I second sony, I have a a330 and I'll be upgrading to an a55 soon. The a55 is superior to any other slr anywhere near it's price range. I had a Nikon before my sony and I prefer Sony Lenses to Nikon lenses, even with them being tougher to come across I feel they are of a higher quality. Some shots from my a330.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Canon for the win dude....you wont get the high quality lens selection from anyone else

1 - 20 of 29 Posts