Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car ADD has kicked in again and am looking to get rid of the A4 Avant and jump into something fun for a DD. Test drove the '11 STi sedan last weekend. It ain't no 997TT, but def more entertaining than the Audi. Some are torn on the looks. Some hate the wing. I happen to like it. Better lines than the previous gen, IMO. Opinions/impressions welcome:)

·
Registered
665 Posts
The only thing that sucks about them is the waiting list to get one delivered.

Ordered mine last Thursday, delivery date?..............January 16 2011 :(

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
^suspension is only the same as in being swappable....

STI is lower, MUCH stiffer (even over last year) , larger swaybars (from the JDM spec C if I'm not mistaken), lighter wheels (2kg/wheel) than last year....

I dig the new sedan, wouldn't mind having one :)

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
^Point taken :D

Although I DID have to make sure my facts were right before typing info that may have been contradictory to you :lol:

·
Registered
875 Posts
My partner was about to buy a 2011 STI cause they are sick. Then we just did some looking into it. Saved us some money on a car and making new parts, hooray!

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Makes sense since you guys don't seem to leave anything stock :lol:

...that and everything on the STI (with the exception of the 6MT and SI Drive) would probably be swapped anyway :)

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How about opinions on colors? 3 cars that I know of in town. 2 are Plasma Blue, one is dark grey. Prefer the grey, but it's optioned wrong for me. One of the blue's has the alcantara seats and sunroof delete=perfect. But I'm unsure about the color. VERY purple...more so than actual blue. Reminds me of BMW's Interlagos Blue with MUCH MORE purple.
In and of itself, I like the color. But as a professional, I think I'd look a bit silly driving that thing to work.:eek:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Call Richard at Subaru Superstore on this side of town. He owns the place. Tell him I(dan) at Vivid sent you. You will get well taken care of.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Dan. I'll look into it. Although, the fact that they don't even have an STi on the lot according to their website is a bit discouraging:(

·
Registered
665 Posts
Car is amazing. Still trying to decide between the sedan or the hatch. There are a few available here in my area. Looked at a white and a blue today. Buddy of mine is finally letting go of his 98' Type R for one. Up for sale if anyone interested.

·
Registered
583 Posts
ive heard its by far the best STI built yet cant go wrong with a gymkhana mobile :D i like white

1 - 20 of 27 Posts