Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've begun to notice a thick thump whenever i brake from low speeds, or stop. It's a delayed clunk, like something locking into place. I'll be driving, stop, and 2 or so seconds later a heavy thumb comes in from the rear wheels and shakes the car. I think it's something to do with the transmission or differential, but when I went to Lexus, they said the car was acting as normal and supposed to?

Any ideas? Maybe i'm just being paranoid?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
take it back, or to a different dealer

or have them drive it with you and then drive another BRAND NEW one and have them point it out to ya!!

Reactions: UndertheHood

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
Reactions: UndertheHood

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the idea and links man! I swear I couldn't find those sites a few days ago! I'll look into it! Seems like it's common and all it needs is a little lube ;) and/or a replacement, and there's been a TSB. Thanks again!

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
yup yup just a little google

·
Registered
356 Posts
I had something similar to that on mine; it was the drive shaft. They replaced it and it went away. I loved my GX, 90K trouble free miles. I made the mistake of trading it for a new RX and after a month I would rather have had my old GX than the brand new RX. Sold the RX to my sister (she loves it).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts