Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Recently I got introduced to Mate and I love it. It tastes like green tea and cup can be refreshed many times during the day without the leaves loosing flavor.

Yerba mate (yer-bah mah-tay) is made from the naturally caffeinated and nourishing leaves of the celebrated South American rainforest holly tree (Ilex paraguariensis). For centuries, South America’s Aché Guayakí tribe have sipped yerba mate from a traditional mate gourd for its rejuvenative effects. These rainforest people find tremendous invigoration, focus, and nourishment in yerba mate.

Yerba mate contains:

• Vitamins: A, C, E, B1, B2, Niacin (B3), B5, B Complex

• Minerals: Calcium, Manganese, Iron, Selenium, Potassium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc

• Additional Compounds: Carotene, Fatty Acids, Chlorophyll, Flavonols, Polyphenols, Inositol, Trace Minerals, Antioxidants, Tannins, Pantothenic Acid and 15 Amino Acids.

• Theophylline, theobromine, and caffeine

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

YERBA MATE:
Helps Stimulate Focus and Clarity*
Boosts Physical Energy*
Traditionally Used to Support Weight Loss Programs that Include a Balanced Diet and Exercise*
Aids Elimination*

Contains Antioxidants*

Enjoy! I hope this drink helps someone :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good, google'd it and Walgreens carries it so I'll buy some and try it out, thanks!
I hope you like it. Look up the proper steps to brew it right! I myself will order a pumpkin gourd and drink it like the natives lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am originally from Argentina.

although i don't drink it regularly , my family does.

good stuff
Awesome! I just started last month, does your family say anything wonderous about it?

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Awesome! I just started last month, does your family say anything wonderous about it?
honestly, in Argentina, It is more of a tradition. (ages 14 and up, drink it daily)

lots of college students drink as well.

the caffeine is great!

you can also get all types of flavors here in the u.s!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know. Thanks

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Used to drink it fairly regularly, but tapered back off to coffee a couple years ago.

Throw a little honey in it...mmmmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just noticed you were from college station.

When i used to live in houston, alot of my friends lived/live in college station.

aggies.
I might know someone you know, its a small town :) Where in California are you now? I graduated from UC Davis, it's also an aggie town :clap:

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I might know someone you know, its a small town :) Where in California are you now? I graduated from UC Davis, it's also an aggie town :clap:
ah, perhaps!

I moved to the san clemente area.

what brings you to college station?

small town is right!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ah, perhaps!

I moved to the san clemente area.

what brings you to college station?

small town is right!
San Clemente looks like a perfect place to live! Do you like it there? Moved because fiance is in Texas A&M Phd program.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I bought a box of Yerba Mate with mint the other day from Whole Foods - I gotta say that it's pretty good! I wanted something other than coffee as an afternoon drink, and it'll work perfectly. The mint flavor is a nice addition and basically tastes just like Moroccan tea.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Actually, I had to drink redbull before learning after hard night, and now I just drink yerba. It's better, and very tasty! Got to buy bambillia soon

·
Registered
711 Posts
There is this dope little Argentine Cafe around the corner from me, I am there daily for coffee and Yerbe Mate. Such a good tea and great hangover helper

1 - 19 of 19 Posts