Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to pick up a few pieces and ran across ABI art located in Torrance CA. Just curious if anyone has dealt with them and what there experiences were?
They have the pieces I want and at decent prices and even have an 18% increase in value guarantee inside of 18 months? It just seamed odd that they look to have every piece Warhol ever made in any color combo you want and a lot of originals. After speaking with the guy I get the hard sell well there are a few people looking at it "what will it take to get you in this painting tonight" kinda vibe. Every piece seams to have just come in from a huge estate?

Guess it sounds to good to be true. I hope someone has some good experiences with them! No BBB reports either.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
Just ran into this. I am from ABI and we are an international fine art dealer for both buying and selling on the primary and secondary market representing private collectors, estates, banks, institutions and corporations. We do have a nice collection of available work that does change regularly based on the activity and now globalization of the fine art market. It is impossible to have every piece and we are always looking. If your perception was a hard sell, we do apologize and that is not our presentation. On important artist/works and especially when we have a broadcast/offering to our existing patrons we do have a number of people looking at those works. Our guarantee varies based on the importance of the artwork, we do not guarantee every piece and they are set for at the end of 18 months, without going into detail it does make sense and fit into our business model.

I hope this helps clarify some of the questions.

Have a great one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
WARNING about ABIART

I sold artwork to them almost four months ago and have not received payment. I have gotten every excuse under the sun with the exception of "the dog ate your artwork". I am in the process of filing criminal charges against them....

·
Registered
1 Posts
another warning about ABI

I too have sold art through ABI and have not been paid after 5 months. Even though the agreement states that payment will be remitted 25 business days after the art has been approved. It has now been 5 months after receipt of my art and 60 days after the approval, and I still have not received any payment, just excuses.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Wow, will this thread have a million views like the garage threads. Lol.

Oh google......

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
How on earth can they offer 18% increase in value over 18months? The art market is like any other investment market. You can't guarantee anything.

Jesus, good luck getting your money guys. :eek:hwell:

This thread already appears second in google for an "ABI Art" search :bitenails:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea with the Google link coming up it will most likely end in a bad way it seams LOL. Luckily I got that something smells fishy feeling about it. I deal with enough people to feel out a possible "Boiler Room" situation and steer clear. In the end I went with a gallery I knew and picked out what I wanted and left with it. Hard to go wrong that way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ABI Art Bad Experience

We sold artwork to ABI and also have not been paid for months. They always make some kind of excuse to delay paying us. We are looking into our options to pursue them now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
BEWARE - ABI ART is run by crooks

I can only add to several comments above. I too sold art to ABI back in August 2009. After months of pestering them, I finally received one check for about 10% of what they owe me. Now they have quit answering emails and all phone calls go directly to an answering service. A bad situation with ABI ART seems to be getting only worse. I have contacted an attorney to review furhter action. If you are wise you should stay as far away from this company as possible and advise everyone you know not to have any dealings with them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see issues with selling, but has anyone bought from ABI?

I have read many posts that suggest ABI is slow to pay for art sold and/or does not pay for art sold. I'm curious if anyone has ever purchased art from ABI and if so were there any issues on that side of the deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Listen to the people-avoid abi art at all costs!

I sold a piece of art by Roy Lichtenstein called Shipboard Girl and they promised me they would pay me $24000. They have only paid me $12000. Tom Nelson.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would like to provide an update since my last post. It is now April 2nd, 2010 and I need to tell you, I need to say that ABI Fine Art has been making good on their word to pay me. After communcating with them, which I must add they have been very good at lately, we are making good headway in settling their account with me. They explained to me that they hit a bump in the road last year and that they are now working everything out. They still owe me some money but they are making good on their commitments. We will be watching but it I think that they are going to follow through on their word if the past few weeks is any indication. I will be posting again to let you know how they are doing.

Now an update: this is August 1, 2010. I have received $12000 from Rick of the $24000 he owes me. I have not heard anything from him. He kept calling me and calling me and wanted me to send him Crak! signed and numbered that I have. I just received a letter from his attorney saying not to post anything negative on the internet. But, I am just telling the truth here. He is just trying to buy time to keep ripping people off on their artwork. This has been a total nightmare. Bad, bad, bad!! He deserves to go to jail for ripping me off, just like all of those on the American Greed television show who scam their customers out of their money.

·
Registered
1 Posts
unhappy seller

They have owed me 800.00 for a small Peter Max painting I shipped to them in July 2009. Good luck getting your money, I filled complaints with the BBB and Ca state attorney general's office. They are crooks.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts