Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hopefully I can give some insight on the whole airplane building thing here . I have been building aircraft from scratch or plans for 15 years . The first thing you want to do before you even buy a kit is to figure out what you want to use it for . That way you can shorten the list of planes down some . Building is actually not that hard if you have simple tool knowledge and can read plans . Dealing with the FAA is actually pretty easy it's the amount of paperwork and having to do it a certain way that holds guys up . The simple fact is as long as you follow the plans and pay attention to the FAA guidelines it should work out fairly good . I currently am completing a LOEHLE 5151 basically a P-51 replica . Any questions about plans or building go ahead and message me .

·
Registered
5 Posts
It depends on what you want to use it for and how often you plan on having 3 passengers with you . I honestly prefer to have a plane that can carry one passenger . Flying with several people in a plane at once isn't always as fun as it seems . The next plane I plan to build is a Sonerai , these little planes are a blast to fly !!!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Scooby1961 is building one. He is a youtube fitness guru (at least I think so), and I have been following him for years. He mainly does workout videos but he is an engineer and does pretty detailed updates on the plane he is building.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts