Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a new e-brake kit into my rear end (1972 Nova 8.5" 10 bolt), and I realized I am missing a part on the right side. It is a small spring retainer that goes through the adjuster and one of the pads. My local Chevrolet dealer said the part was discontinued, but I know there is some company making them somewhere. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
google...

tons of places should have that

or try napa...

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
an 8.5 10 bolt is a not an uncommon rear. Hell, i see them still used in jeeps. I would say try google first, but there are tons of junkyards who sell old parts.

did you try cross referencing it with another car?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you try cross referencing it with another car?
Yeah, its a pretty common rear end. Its actually going in my 1968 Pontiac Firebird, and is a direct replacement. I tried to google it, but I can't even find the name of the part. It is like a spring retainer, but more... Here is a picture of it from the bottom:

2nds from the left

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sending it to my parts guy. I'll let you know soon
Thanks for the effort man! I went to Kragen (or whatever it's called now), and they had a full rebuild kit for under $4, so I got it. I am still curious as to what the part is called tho.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Yeah... those spring retainers are a dime a dozen. Glad you found it!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I put a new e-brake kit into my rear end (1972 Nova 8.5" 10 bolt), and I realized I am missing a part on the right side. It is a small spring retainer that goes through the adjuster and one of the pads. My local Chevrolet dealer said the part was discontinued, but I know there is some company making them somewhere. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Check out Early Classics.... They have everything for any chevy ever made!!! Got all my parts for my 70 C/10 from them. They r awesome!

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
Thanks for the effort man! I went to Kragen (or whatever it's called now), and they had a full rebuild kit for under $4, so I got it. I am still curious as to what the part is called tho.

i was up all night looking and just found this...

i keed i keeeed....it took a whole 3 seconds...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts