Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
^ thats true...but i have speeding tickets on my lisence less than 5yrs old, i tried this past summer, they wouldn't b/c of it. i'll go next year. my car will be better and i'll have a new helmet

i'm surprised they don't allow bikes, like ducatti or aprilla or others like em

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
May I suggest renting an exotic? We have like 3 places around here that rent them and since it's winter, the rates are way down.

May not be able to take it on the track, but at least you would have a car for the run.
do u work/own a rental company?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
i mean darthnefas, to you own a rental company or know of any good ones that do exotic rentals around here

·
Registered
806 Posts
We will be there. Last years event was amazing and this year surely will be much greater. Hey, we may even take a pic of your car :clap:

·
Registered
205 Posts
i mean darthnefas, to you own a rental company or know of any good ones that do exotic rentals around here
No, I don't own an exotic rental place.

For NY I would say Gotham Dream Cars. Never heard a bad review from them. I don't know of any others in your area.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I know Seth, and have participated in some of his events, including the 1st Turkey Run.

1st class events all the way. Seth is a master organizer.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I know Seth, and have participated in some of his events, including the 1st Turkey Run.

1st class events all the way. Seth is a master organizer.
+1 Every rally organized by Seth has been top notch! Last years Turkey run was absolutely thrilling, most fun I've had on the road during a rally. No matter how far ahead or behind you were, you were always rolling with a fellow participant. Here's a few (camera phone) pics of our 1st checkpoint during last year's event, we raided this small gas station in some random town in up state new york lol.

Even more cars were parked behind me along the road parallel to the gas station.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
hell if there's m3's i don't see why i couldn't bring the stealth. the 14th is a sunday that works pretty well for me. i'm not sure about the track time though. i'll make sure the fluids are good though just in case.

can someone post the ER thread on here. i can't remember my password, and my computer doesn't have whatever email they use for assistance...so i can't log on or even get help with it

·
Registered
69 Posts
The stealth is not gonna do it bro. I got laughed at driving a $30,000 car to that rally

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
that's f'n gay...its rarer than an m3...and as quick as an e46. even gayer, they'd allow the 944...

whatever.
i hear ya, wen i went there i was getting looks too, even tho my car is alot faster than the e46 m3 and the e92 m3(cuz im modded slightly) and technically cost more. Its only cuz its not an amg they think its slow and cant hold its weight, stock my car does 12.9 to 13.1 1/4mile

·
Registered
205 Posts
All I have to say is, did anyone view or go on the first Gumball in US?

There were a ton of cars that people would say today, "I'm not letting that on my rally!" Seriously, if people are giving you looks then they've lost focus on what this is all about. I think the big problem is that people only remember the exotics on media coverage.

I don't think Seth has lost touch. I think he put some basic rules in place to make sure he doesn't get minivans on the cruise, but otherwise you should be all set. If you're getting looks then blame the attendees, ignore them, and just have fun.

21 - 40 of 137 Posts