Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
same price range, 4 door
i really like the new 5 series styling...which makes the e60 body much much less appealing. but throw some eisenmann exhaust on it and i dont think there's another car (let alone sedan) that sounds like it. i'm really torn! is there any other similar car i may be over looking? i understand there may be faster cars in a straight line (maybe e55 amg) but all around - straight line, corners, sound, pure fun, etc im wondering if there may be anything better for the price?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Besides the E55/E63, take a look at the CTS-V, S6 and XFR

·
Registered
5,540 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
A bump in price would bring you to the Panamera Turbo but the cars styling seems to be hit or miss with most people and 9 out of 10 times it's a miss !

·
14,490 Posts
I would say the only thing I'd considering buying if I was in the market for an M5, OTHER than that M5.... Would have to be the CTS-V sedan.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Definitely take a look at the CTS-V.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
The V-10 M5 truly does make a gear-heads version of a musical symphony… Audi's S6 V-10 makes delightful music too along with CTS-V. Most surprising is the XF-R:

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
473 Posts
Im not surprised by that jaguar. Jags are known for a good deep sound. And many of them are v8's :)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Imo I'll take the looks of an e60 over an f10, and real exhaust note >>>>>>>>speakers (f10) any day
I'm not a big fan on them piping in fake engine sounds, but outside the car the exhaust note is actually pretty impressive, even stock.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm not a big fan on them piping in fake engine sounds, but outside the car the exhaust note is actually pretty impressive, even stock.
I agree with this. I heard people complaining about the exhaust note of the new m5 but when I heard it I thought it sounded pretty damn good. Not as nice as the e60 but I wouldn't mind hearing that sound when I mash the gas pedal every day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts