Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Phantom owners have their fuel pumps go out? I've heard this is rather common and a rather expensive fix.

·
Registered
690 Posts
It is common and expensive. I've done the repair many times for locals. The proper way to replace pump/regulators/injectors/wire harness.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard the same thing from other Phantom owners. It sounds like a manufacturing defect since it's so common hence Rolls Royce should cover it. I contacted Rolls Royce and they said they would cover it but then said they need to think about it basically. I'm getting together Phantom owners so we file a group complaint with Rolls Royce. We will see what happens.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have had mine new since 2007 with 31,000Km on it now, never have had any major problems.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't get me wrong, the Phantom is the best car I've ever driven but faulty fuel pumps are unacceptable. Especially on a half million dollar car!

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I would try doing it myself. (Fuel pump swamp) If its that old what the heck, give it a shot, tanks are generally very easy to drop. Luckier if theres access through the trunk (which is rare) Worse case scenario you can't do it than just to it to a shop, at least you tried. If you succeed you can brag that you swapped a fuel pump in a phantom and you learned a lot.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe I'll give it a shot. I've also found out that the 760 BMW uses the same pump with the same part number. They are much cheaper through BMW obviously.

Thanks for the input guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts