Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was trying to get a Koenigsegg badge, Anyone know were identical replicas could be bought at? or Made?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
call Koenigsegg, and let us know if they hung up on you, or laughed first then hung up.
1st off all, very sexy benz. Love the new SL's.

2nd of all, I did contact them by email. Spoked with the chief marketing head, told me it used to be remotely possible to obtain one, until they started getting tons of requests couple years ago. Now the only way is to buy the car.

But I was really looking for a replica, not a real one. Obviously a real one is too difficult. Just gotta find a replica.

·
Registered
700 Posts
A lot of hate over this for some reason. ive bought a couple old school hood ornaments when Ive been to swap meets just because they are iconic. I have no idea where to get a koenigsegg one. If you are serious about it im sure there are wrecked ones out there, just have to find the yard with it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you are serious about it im sure there are wrecked ones out there, just have to find the yard with it.
There is a few wrecked, but to my knowledge all of them are rebuilt (except #017, crashed this year). There is NO Koenigsegg ending up in a yard somewhere..

You can probably get something at the Webshop (cufflinks or smal pin, but I can't find anything larger)

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think #059 is the only Egg ever to have been a total loss, and theres probally no way for you to get the emblems from it. No idea what happened to it, was only told that it doesnt exist anymore.

Your best bet (and probally only atm) is probally to contact a metal shop or
similar and custom order a replica.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
When a Koenigsegg crashes, it doesn't just go rust away in a junkyard, so there would be no point looking through junkyards for one. 2nd, every crashed one is either completley stripped for the parts and then destroyed, or is rebuilt. Best bet is to make one yourself, or have one cast for you. Koenigsegg would be very dumb to sell them, they would end up on every civic out there, and make the brand look bad.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
It's actually easier than you think to get factory new emblems; the catch is, like all businesses trying to nickle and dime us these days, they're only available packaged with something else we don't want.

Just go to a dealer distributing the brand and ask for an "Agera" - I don't know how to pronounce it so don't ask me, but they'll start asking all these questions about what color you want your "Agera" and how fast you want your "Agera" to go. Whatever. They'll put you on a waiting list and, a few months later, your emblems will come in. Of course they just had to make things difficult, so they stuck them on this "Agera" thing. Unmount them, and you have your factory new emblems! The side benefit is you get this cool car to drive around, but you probably already have one so you can just sell it to recoup some of the cost of the cool new emblems you got.

HTH.

·
Registered
694 Posts
When a Koenigsegg crashes, it doesn't just go rust away in a junkyard, so there would be no point looking through junkyards for one. 2nd, every crashed one is either completley stripped for the parts and then destroyed, or is rebuilt. Best bet is to make one yourself, or have one cast for you. Koenigsegg would be very dumb to sell them, they would end up on every civic out there, and make the brand look bad.
exactly, making one yourself would be easy enough probably. I made a Viper emblem today with a 3D printer in less than 2 hours....very poor quality but with some care and having access to one you could make something pretty cool. from CAD to RAD!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts