Luxury4Play.com banner

Any Home brewers?

6K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Club Cheetah 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone here also homebrew their own beer? Or wine, whisky, vodka, moonshine :D.

Here is my last batch for the summer. Its a light ale with citrus and lime. Imagine a mix of blue moon with a bit of lime after taste. I am trying to play with that crisp refreshing flavors.

I hope it comes out okay because this is the first time I bottled my brews. I hope the sugar that I have to add to get carbonation does not effect the taste. Most of the time I empty my brew into a keg when its done. This time I wanted to enter it into a contest.

Let me know if there is any home brewers on here. Maybe we can share our creations. :clap:

See less See more
#3 ·
I brewed my first batch earlier this year, it was an Indian Brown Ale. Turned out really well for being my first time. I had a few that didn't bottle quite right and had a bit of a funk to them and I could have filtered everything a little better but they tasted great and I had good feedback from friends..

#4 ·
Thats what I am worried about. I have never bottled my drinks before. Also this was a small amount so I hope my math is right when it came down to adding the right amount of bottling sugar. :bitenails:

Any of you going to try to make a IPA?

#5 ·
it's really not difficult, my problem was that i sanitized and reused a few bottles with screw off tops hoping it would work. Some were ok but others didn't create a tight enough seal...

#7 ·
I actually have 3 one gallon IPA batches going at the moment. All three of these beers use the same grain bill. The only thing I changed was the type of hop I used with each. I calculated each batch to have the same amount of IBUs (bitterness) since I am looking only for the hop characteristics. It's the first step in designing my own great recipes and one small step towards a successful brew pub.

#13 ·
If you can measure, clean containers and boil water, you can make a basic beer. It can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it. The biggest part of brewing in my opinion is patience. If you can't let something sit for weeks, sometimes months at a time, then homebrewing is not for you.

#14 ·
The wheat beers I did were simple (for my first time) but they got great reviews by friends and co-workers. The raspberry wheats are finally maturing to the perfect taste. It took a little longer than regular wheats because it can be very sweet initially. Just have to have patience. :bow1:

#17 ·
A quick search returns that it may still be bitter in the first 3-5 weeks, but should be well 'blossomed' after 2 months. For a hoppy IPA, that is well worth it. :)

I found this info on HomeBrewTalk - dont instantly consider it correct, theres lot of info on there to research.

#16 ·
Just ordered everything yesterday to start my own journey! A few guys at work dabble a bit and helped with books and a glance of what I'd need.

Like a few others I'll post in a month or so after the first batch (Wheat) is done and I've tried some. :D

#19 ·
I've done 2 batches now and the second was just bottled days ago. I like creating something, like an forgotten trade long lost. The first turned out great; according to me and my buddies. A honey wheat of sorts.

If you have the time; a few hours brewing, hour to bottle. I would give it a go. :D

#20 ·
How the hell did i miss this thread? I've been brewing for about 6 years and probably have around 100 brews under my belt. Lotsa wheats, a few pale ales, couple brown ales, and a hatch chile brown that is a little rough if you don't like spice. Currently I have a pale ale in secondary which is a Mighty Arrow clone. Next up is a sour ale which is a pretty challenging brew.

Anyone have any questions or need a hand let me know i'm more than happy to help out!

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.