Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any high hour helicopter pilots here? Military or Commercial? Where do you fly, what job are you working? :D Just wondering if there are any rotor heads on here.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
i fly the crap out of my RC heli =)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Just took my first solo flight today :) I'm getting there!
Congrats! When I get my PPL, I want to do just one lesson in a helicopter, just so I can say I've flown one. I also want to see how well I'd do with the controls. How do they start you out flying those? Do you focus on just a few specific movements, or practice hovering?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Congrats! When I get my PPL, I want to do just one lesson in a helicopter, just so I can say I've flown one. I also want to see how well I'd do with the controls. How do they start you out flying those? Do you focus on just a few specific movements, or practice hovering?
I started (and I assume everyone else does too) with straight and level flying, then some turns, ascents and descents. Hovering took me a few hours to get, it's very tricky!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cool! If you don't mind me asking, do you have a chopper job currently?
Yes, I've been very fortunate. I've worked really hard at getting out and meeting people, staying in contact with old instructors etc. I work as a CFI and VIP pilot in a large Turbine. Its all about contacts, and honestly not being an a**hole. I have never worked for free/given my time away to gain hours etc, and I've done well compared to most.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yes, I've been very fortunate. I've worked really hard at getting out and meeting people, staying in contact with old instructors etc. I work as a CFI and VIP pilot in a large Turbine. Its all about contacts, and honestly not being an a**hole. I have never worked for free/given my time away to gain hours etc, and I've done well compared to most.
I hear you with the contacts. I started doing that before I even took lessons :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts