Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys My names Mario I'm 19 and you can say I like BMW's (HAHA). I have been intrested on working on BMW but im not sure where there is a good school that teaches you how to work on them. I have been thinking of going to Wyotech and hoping to get accepted in the BMW STEP Program but there is chance I can and can't get in. Is there any school that anyone knows that I can take that teaches you how to work on BMW's that is near northern California. So if you guys have any suggestions im open to listen.
-Thanks Mario

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Im currently attending Universal Technical Institute. I'm less then 3 months from graduating from the core 17 class program, then I start my BMW Fast Track elective program.

UTI offers 2 BMW programs, either an elective, which you pay for, or an MSAT program, which a dealership will pay for. The elective gives you 3 credits towards Master Tech, the MSAT gives you all but 1 credit towards master tech.

If you are serious about the autmotive field, and BMW, go to UTI, best school in the industry hands down.

let me know if you have anymore questions @ all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im currently attending Universal Technical Institute. I'm less then 3 months from graduating from the core 17 class program, then I start my BMW Fast Track elective program.

UTI offers 2 BMW programs, either an elective, which you pay for, or an MSAT program, which a dealership will pay for. The elective gives you 3 credits towards Master Tech, the MSAT gives you all but 1 credit towards master tech.

If you are serious about the autmotive field, and BMW, go to UTI, best school in the industry hands down.

let me know if you have anymore questions @ all.
That sounds cool man Thanks a lot bro for the info. So when you are done with your program, do you have to get accepted to get into the BMW Fast Track or can you get in right after you finish your program? How much did it cost (Average) to get in the program (Just to get an Idea in my head).
-Thanks Mario.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Not a prob, I finish March 25th of 2011. Yes, you have to have a certain GPA, attendance rate, and pass a drug test to get in. The elective is around 6K on top of your tuition, which now is around 30K. So call it 36 or so, said and done. For the BMW Fast Track elective, you cant sign up until you have 6 classes left in your core program. This insures them that you are serious about school and your education.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
If you want an actual high paying BMW job, I would look at Clemson University. That's the school that I go to and it is alllllll for BMW pretty much. The BMW plant that makes the z4, and the 2 SUV's is about 45 mins from campus. The M driving school is about 40 mins from campus, and CUICAR (BMW research facitility, Clemson University International center for Automotive Research)...

They offer a co-op program for mechanical, electrical, industrial, chemical, etc. The program pays 20$/hr. and you get free housing. CUICAR is the only program that offers a PhD in automotive engineering... That is what i am going for, but i like Audi better, so I deal with it for the moment

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
^nice, sounds pretty good.

UTI's 2 BMW programs are Manufacture specific.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
does TSTC offer any BMW stuff??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts