Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here owned or leased a 135i, is so what are your thoughts? How did you like it and what kind of problems did you have? Did you have the n54 or n55?

I never really cared for the car but after doing some research it's really starting to grow on me... especially since the engine is easily tunable to put out some decent power. From what I've read the n54 is better if you're going to mod it, but I was thinking about getting a CPO and modding it would void the warranty. I know there have been recalls like HPFP but is there anything else I should worry about if I don't get the CPO?

I test drove a 2011 on Friday and really liked the car (although it was automatic) , but I'm trying to do as much research as I can before I make up my mind.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
848 Posts
I had one for 5 months and loved it. It was the N54, not any crazy mods just airbox, down pipes and tune. I didn't have any problems with it but like you said the HPFP is a very common problem with these and you should have it taken care of pretty much as soon as you get the car.

I've gotten to drive the 3 series and the 1 back to back and much prefer the 135, feels quicker and certainly handles better!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Chris! Was your an automatic or manual? Also if you don't mind me asking, why did you get rid of it?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Our family had an n54 335i for two years and it was great. Sold it to a family friend who has had a ton of expensive off warranty trouble including the vanos intake or timing system, the whole steering column, and the transmission. All had to be replaced. It runs smoothly now, but at least the 6sp auto transmission is a known problem and people who know what they're looking at sometimes get rid of the car just to be out from under all the trouble.

That said, it drives beautifully now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts