Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
10,594 Posts
Not sure you Poison has stated why he knows so much about coffee but as it turns out he owns a small company called West Coast Roasting. I had the pleasure of trying some a while back and i must say it was quite good. While I'm only a light coffee drinker I did give some to my father who has been a chef and restauranteur for about 40 years. He's a religious coffee guy and is/has been around some of the best. His impression of the coffee was that is was very good, high quality coffee.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Kona Coffee nothing better some as good but nothing better for online purchace try Kona Coffee ? 100% Certified Hawaiian Kona Coffee from Kona Mountain Coffee hope this helps.
Yup....great coffee!

I have a part ownership in a coffee shop downtown and get fresh coffee/beans whenever. I have the Keurig, but need more coffee when I drink it....so a pot a day usually. I was thinking about getting something that does espresso/caps at home though....not looking to spend $3k for a machine when I can make due with one that is just fine at $300.

However, I did think about 'borrowing' one of the extra ones from the coffee shop for home use....its just fairly large...and we used it in a satellite To-Go stand. :( :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Not sure you Poison has stated why he knows so much about coffee but as it turns out he owns a small company called West Coast Roasting. I had the pleasure of trying some a while back and i must say it was quite good. While I'm only a light coffee drinker I did give some to my father who has been a chef and restauranteur for about 40 years. He's a religious coffee guy and is/has been around some of the best. His impression of the coffee was that is was very good, high quality coffee.
Oh, my. :D Thanks, Salduchi. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Roasting every batch to order certainly pays off in the cup! :)

Yup....great coffee!

I have a part ownership in a coffee shop downtown and get fresh coffee/beans whenever. I have the Keurig, but need more coffee when I drink it....so a pot a day usually. I was thinking about getting something that does espresso/caps at home though....not looking to spend $3k for a machine when I can make due with one that is just fine at $300.

However, I did think about 'borrowing' one of the extra ones from the coffee shop for home use....its just fairly large...and we used it in a satellite To-Go stand. :( :D
You want a super-auto (push a button), or semi-auto (requires some involvement)?

There are decent super-auto's at all price points. But none will match the espresso quality of a semi-auto, a good grinder, and relatively competent human.

I've run the gamut of home machines, and you won't find a better machine than the Astra Pro.

It's made in Canoga Park: fully commercial grade internals on this thing, Astra puts the same pressurestat/other components in all its machines, from the Pro on up to a 4 group commercial machine. Only different is the vibe pump and boiler size. The boiler is huge, for a home machine, and she steams like mad. You have to spend around $800 more to get anything like her, and even then the build quality is NOT the same. I love mine. It's a tank, and could be your last machine purchase. ;)

·
Registered
584 Posts
anyone ever try civet coffee? I'm currently in Bali and I just cant wait too try some Civet coffee.

I'll write a reviews tomorrow, got my pack full of civet coffee. should I just use French presse?

·
Registered
584 Posts
^ I use to have one, but I like to make a pot of coffee at a time. I drink a lot.

Seeing that this is a luxury forum, has anyone tried this? Most Expensive Coffee in the World

I would never see myself buying, but I'm curious
I got this and going to try it tonight, they said its better served in traditional way

^^ is that the stuff the little asian tree rat shits out?
err... yes. but they clean it first, so I think its worth to try

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hmm, he posted on the 24th. It's the 26th. It must've killed him. :p

How was it?
the civet? its good. no, great

great aroma and strong taste. strong body

here some picture for teasing you guys, sorry for being late, I cant help myself but drink it all day, even if it literally sh*t in a box

IMG_4113.JPG
the package. yes, its Civet like the creature with long tail

IMG_4121.JPG
the coffee. dark like those Burgundian chocolate in real object, with slight reddish tone. and its still retain a coffee bits

IMG_4122.JPG
add boiling water and enjoy!

if you guys want some, I get plenty, and hell, here's not $600 for a kilogram. lets have a coffee party

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have my first roast of my new Organic Ecuador Guatenay Microlot sitting here, and the aroma is killing me. Must...resist...

·
Registered
920 Posts
I would like to see my coffee in that kind of an art form :bow1:
Funny thing was that the good looking waitress that served me this coffee only made mine with that design (I glanced over some of the other people at the restaurant who had ordered coffee as I was leaving). In hindsight probably should have got her number haha

41 - 60 of 94 Posts