Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Can one of you guys point me in the right direction of where to purchase some GOOD quality coffee online? It's going to be a xmas gift for my father since he loves coffee so much.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Friends, I hope you can try our Alamid Coffee here in the Philippines. This is the world's rarest brew of coffee. =D

·
Registered
64 Posts
LOVE coffee. there is a new place in town called So G (south glastonbury CT) that is bomb, its the #1 way to start the day.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I've been getiin back on my coffeeness here lately and I'll tell you what the Kona coffee is tha BOMB, I just need to step my machine game up lol I'm rocking a $60 Mr. Coffee lol

·
Registered
310 Posts
For us that always are in a hurry:
6877627-origpic-65a9d8.jpg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Can one of you guys point me in the right direction of where to purchase some GOOD quality coffee online? It's going to be a xmas gift for my father since he loves coffee so much.
TheRoasterie.com

Try the Super Tuscan its excellent!

Just a disclaimer, I do work for this company, but we really do have some of the best coffee I have ever had.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I use a Keurig as well and drink a cup every morning.

I recently bought a french press so will be trying that out soon.

Aaron

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just received a Clever Full Immersion Coffee Dripper for X-mas with some coffe from a local roaster, and I must say I am enjoying this method. You can really get the full flavor of the coffee, and since it still uses a paper filter you don't get the grittiness like you do in a french press. Anybody else using a Clever Coffee Dripper?

abid-clever-dripper.jpg

·
Registered
204 Posts
Clever's are awesome. It's a great improvement to the old Melitta cone filter. I don't use one, though, I just brew it dirty, and enjoy.

Dirty - dump grounds in cup, pour 195 degree water, stir, let settle, enjoy. ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I use a Nespresso machine at home. I'm much more of a fan of straight up shots of espresso, than I am of big cups of watered down coffee, so it's perfect for me. The coffee varieties they offer are great, but I kind of want to upgrade to an actual espresso machine, so I could have even more choices...

I also wouldn't mind getting the equipment needed to make Turkish coffee...

·
Registered
204 Posts
I use a Nespresso machine at home. I'm much more of a fan of straight up shots of espresso, than I am of big cups of watered down coffee, so it's perfect for me. The coffee varieties they offer are great, but I kind of want to upgrade to an actual espresso machine, so I could have even more choices...

I also wouldn't mind getting the equipment needed to make Turkish coffee...
The problem with pod-type machines is 1) you're generally locked in to the pod choices provided, and 2) pods are stale coffee. Because they are stale, you'll never get to try the really good beans, as pod makers aren't stupid, and won't put $50/lb Cup of Excellence beans in a pod, only for it to go stale.

Buying a real espresso machine, be it semi-auto (you grind/dose/brew, like a barista), or a super-auto (you push a button), will allow you to buy the best beans, freshly roasted, and enjoy flavors you didn't even know existed in coffee. Between a super-auto or semi-auto, there's no contest: a machine can never compete with a decently skilled human. ;)

If you need machine recommendations, I can help. Keep in mind if you buy a semi-auto, you'll need another $250-800 for a grinder.

As for Turkish, you can do it in a small pot on the stove with coffee from your local Arab/Persian/ME market. It's easy. I like it with cardamom.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My husband and I just bought a super-auto machine and love it. Now we just have to play around with different types of coffees to see which kind we like better.

·
Registered
72 Posts
bought a Jura nice machine....i also can recommend DeLonghi. Maybe I can say DeLonghi is like an VW relaiable always working no problems and my Jura is more like an italian Car more passion but not that much relaiable

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Can't live without my coffee. Rarely go a day without it. Tried a lot of different coffee but Sisters Coffee Company | Sisters Oregon seems to always be the best that I've had. Small roasting company just on the other side of the mtn range from me so sometimes it's fun to take a drive through the mountains and grab some good coffee on the other side.

Recently got a Mr. Coffee espresso machine just to try it out. On sale for $30 so I was like eh, what the hell I'll try it. It's decent but gets the job done. Like to see the difference between that and a really good espresso machine.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I've been enjoying Tomoca coffee from Ethiopia. Its just so tough get here in the states.

21 - 40 of 94 Posts