Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to participate in this year's rally but a trip to Europe changed my plans. Anyway, I have a 1999 Viper ACR with a handful of goodies laying down over 600 rwhp N/A and was wondering if I had a pretty good chance of being accepted or not for GRV. I read that unique vehicles are something they look for and being that my car is not in the same high-dollar league as these exotics, I figured asking wouldn't hurt. Here's a couple of pics. Any help is appreciated!

Stack-On 036.jpg

Stack-On 037.jpg

Stack-On 038.jpg

Stack-On 039.jpg

·
Registered
883 Posts
I think that would be fine. That is more of an exotic than some of the cars that have participated in the previous GRs.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
considering bmws and SUVs have participated, a viper if I'm not mistaken would be a first actually

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
You wouldnt be the first Viper IIRC , I think I seen one at the start of GR4 this year in LA. pay the entry fee and you should be good togo

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just went through some pictures and saw a flat black RT/10 and another vert. Thanks! Looking forward to next year's event.

·
I am L4P.
21,656 Posts
Yep, there were two Vipers this year on gR4. They were the first on goldRush, but I'm certain they won't be the last.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I'm not quite sure if this is a serious question. There were plenty of cars that have gone on the GR that aren't half the car the viper is. Its not like they were told to stay home

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not quite sure if this is a serious question. There were plenty of cars that have gone on the GR that aren't half the car the viper is. Its not like they were told to stay home
It was serious. The reason I asked was because the majority of the pictures I saw of past rallies had higher class vehicles and to me the Viper is not in that category. I appreciate the help though and really look forward to meeting plenty of characters on the second leg of the rally.

Btw, who should I contact regarding sponsor stickers on my car who don't happen to be sponsors of the event? I read that participants have to get permission beforehand.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
It was serious. The reason I asked was because the majority of the pictures I saw of past rallies had higher class vehicles and to me the Viper is not in that category. I appreciate the help though and really look forward to meeting plenty of characters on the second leg of the rally.

Btw, who should I contact regarding sponsor stickers on my car who don't happen to be sponsors of the event? I read that participants have to get permission beforehand.
Rawmean or aimee I imagine

I might go on the second leg of the rally myself and bring a viper also

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rawmean or aimee I imagine

I might go on the second leg of the rally myself and bring a viper also
I contacted Rawmean and he answered my question. Would you run it as it looks now or wrap it? I want mine looking like a bar of gold :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
I drove the flat black rt10 this year. I got a ton of compliments on it, and I might be taking it again next year. If so, I plan on having about 600 hp out of it too. Bring it and you'll have so much fun.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I drove the flat black rt10 this year. I got a ton of compliments on it, and I might be taking it again next year. If so, I plan on having about 600 hp out of it too. Bring it and you'll have so much fun.
That was a mean car haha. Hard to get the vinyl to lay down on it if I remember correctly though ;)

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Last year was our first year with 2 Vipers participating and they both did well. I am sure you will enjoy the rally and the life long friendships. Let me know if you have any questions. See you all in JUNE.

·
Banned
4,072 Posts
Last year was our first year with 2 Vipers participating and they both did well. I am sure you will enjoy the rally and the life long friendships. Let me know if you have any questions. See you all in JUNE.
Very OT, but is goldrush like some of the other rallies where you can get sponsors to pay your entry fee? I know there a few rallies where once you are done putting their stickers on, you can take on sponsors to help pay your entry fee. You then sort of fit their stickers any place you can I presume.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts