Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had around twenty cars over the last ten years, I usually get them how I like them and then get bored and want something different. I saw a buddy I haven't seen in a year or so tonight and he couldn't believe I had sold my last Corvette. Got it just how I wanted it, all the best components (Lingenfelter, Penske, DTE, RPM), had some fun with it, then got an offer and sold it.

Usually after a week it doesn't ever cross my mind again, but for some reason that one was different.

Anyone else have a car they wish they had kept in the stable?

·
Registered
327 Posts
my first car. It was really good to me, and was super fun to beat the crap out of. We went through alot. I put 27,000 miles on her in one year.

Very often I do look back at these pictures and almost want to go and try to buy it back.

2008.5 Mazda 3.

·
Registered
519 Posts
My honda del sol show car, We built this car and won awards at every show. I sold it to a girl in la* She wrecked it, The car has over 40.000 views on youtube and is honestly one of the nicest in the usa or was,

·
Registered
790 Posts
My first car: 1965 Oldsmobile 442. My old man bought it at the height of his mid-life crisis, but the suspension killed his back and when I turned 16, I got it. :)

The other is a 1968 Camaro that I completely rebuilt with a 427 big-block. That one went when I got married. :(

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
my clk 63 black series..... damn u MTK:wink:

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I've been through a hell of a lot of cars and the only one's I wish I never got rid of was my 1993 Porsche RS America and my first car, 87 Isuzu Trooper just for the memories.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well, not me personally, but my dad had a 1971 Mach I, with the 72 honey comb grill, that he wished he never got rid of. I feel the same way. It could have been mine.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I had a 87' 325e that I pretty much did everything to short of turbocharging it. Great car that pulled like hell. Had it in High school and my mom made me get rid of it cause it didn't have airbags. Sold it to a buddy who promptly wrapped it around a telephone pole (He was fine).

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
of all the fun stuff ive had....i miss my F-bodys....had a 79 with a 455, a 94Z28 with a bunch of bolt ons and some juice, and my 97 Trans Am WS6...358 LT1 with a blower...500ish WHP, ran 12's and was in GM High Tech mag.......i got her with 26K and put 10K on it.....should have kept that thing...!!

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
My 1993 Nissan 240sx hatch with an SR20. It was so fun to drive and I needed a truck for delivery purposes. I bought another 240sx but an 89 coupe this time since i stopped deliveries

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
wish i kept these!!!!!!!!!!!

2000 RHD JDM Ver5 STI limited #505/2000
2005 G35
1997 Skyline GT-R Vspec
1967 International Bus (wish it didnt catch on fire :eek: )

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
My '87 Samurai because it was my first car.
My '00 Escalade because it was the first new car I ever bought myself and my first "nice" car.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
One for sure: my brothers 65' Mustang. With todays technology and parts, it would be special (resto-moded, not vintage). If I had it today, it'd have slightly wider flares, full independent suspension w/Total Control or Griggs Racing underpinnings, and would try out the new Coyote engine along with a SC on top.

Maybe my old 84' Rabbit GTI - a lot of fun hanging the rear inside wheels in the air during a turn. :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts