Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being the family "watch lover", as my dad put it, I was recently passed this pocket watch...

The back of the movement case has Henry Beguelin, LOCLE and some unique serial numbers- both on the case and the back of the movement...

Was able to find some info on it- dates range from 1850-1892, made of sterling silver, its Swiss-made and that its not particularly rare or valuable. Anyone know a bit more?

It needs a crystal and the key is missing at the moment, but I think its pretty cool and thought I would share.

Any one know a good place in the Bay Area to get a replacement crystal?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I was able to open the case and actually check out the mechanism and everything looks to be in pretty good shape.

Rumor has it there are a few other PW's floating around our fam as well, including one used for navigation by my grandpa while he was in the navy in WWII.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Nice!

My grandmother just gave me a gold Ulysse Nardin pocket watch with gold chain, as a university graduation gift. The watch was given to her father (my great grandpa) when he finished university. It has his initials engraved in the back, and they also named him after me. Pretty cool! It works but only when it's sitting still, a watch maker that serviced it before told me it's because some components in the movement are worn out, I think because my grandma used to wear it around her neck as a necklace, and all the moving around took a toll on it

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I would love to see how you restore that PW. What an amazing piece. I though I would see more comments to help you. Keep us updated, that PW is very interesting.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice!

My grandmother just gave me a gold Ulysse Nardin pocket watch with gold chain, as a university graduation gift. The watch was given to her father (my great grandpa) when he finished university. It has his initials engraved in the back, and they also named him after me. Pretty cool! It works but only when it's sitting still, a watch maker that serviced it before told me it's because some components in the movement are worn out, I think because my grandma used to wear it around her neck as a necklace, and all the moving around took a toll on it
That's pretty awesome!

A little bit of a story behind mine as well- it was bought new and carried by my grandmas great-grandfather during the Spanish-American war in the late 1890's. He was one of the guys that carried the American flag into battle. I've heard stories passed down from him about cannon balls flying by as they're charging in...crazy stuff.

I would love to see how you restore that PW. What an amazing piece. I though I would see more comments to help you. Keep us updated, that PW is very interesting.
I kinda thought so too :lol:

Maybe I'll put some carbon fiber overlay on it and see if that helps :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts