Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time, a Laviolette. I have been asked by the owner not to reveal the VIN, but I am allowed to post the pictures I took of this amazing car on a visit this week to VF Engineering. (You can click on the photos to get larger versions, etc.)

Chris Mora at the wheel

The supercharger

Powdercoated wheels

The supercharger from inside - quiet! New four-lobe design.

Nik Saran, CEO of VF Engineering, with one of the engineers

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
sick car.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have some video that I will be able to post in about a week. The car is a BEAST!

The supercharger is totally silent on this one, unlike mine. Being a passenger, it felt like getting snapped off the catapult on an aircraft carrier when Chris Mora threw the hammer down.

The funny thing is, it has the same horsepower as mine, but it's different somehow when you are a passenger -- it felt even more powerful!

What a thrill it was to get a ride. I'll post the video as soon as possible.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The power is provided by a chain-driven Audi V8 4.2 liter engine, delivered to the rear wheels via a Getrag manual transmission (I heard once this the the same transmission found in the Ferrari Modena 360, but have been unable to confirm this).

Stock, the engine delivers 400 horsepower. Supercharged with a VF Engineering water-cooled supercharger at 6 psi, the engine delivers 530 horsepower. The clutch was upgraded at the same time as the engine to take the increased torque.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, Aimee, thanks guys.

At 2,800 lbs and 530 HP, the car is spectacular to drive. It is lighter than most well known sports cars, with power comparable to our favorite Italians. It is all manual, too, manual steering, no power brakes (although there are anti-lock brakes). No driver aids, so it helps if you know how to drive. Heel-toe downshifts are easy with the billet aluminum F1 foot pedals.

Mine is black with tan interior, a Spyder. But I love this orange color, and especially the orange stitching on the black leather!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Tropicana Orange right? God what a sexy car, nice work with the supercharger, it must go like snot. Just curious, what exactly is so bad about revealing the car's VIN number? Just curious.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Great car... Is it the roof that dials out the supercharger whine, or did you use a different setup ?
Looking forward to the video

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.