AP Blue Scuba

+

IWC 3717-04

+

Plus about $8K in cash

OR

That:

PP 5712/1a

Been enamored with this Patek for a while now, and had a chance to try it on last week. Would be my daily, and I'd just keep my Sea-Dweller for sport/gym/travel etc.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
^ That's a Great photo!

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I would keep the pam kick the other two out +14Kash to get the patek.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
That is one of my favorite Patek's as well so you know my choice!

·
Registered
379 Posts
choices

If you are anything like me or some others I seen on this site. You will drop all three, buy the Patek and in six months or a year you will buy back one or more of the three you traded. You will have teased yourself into thinking the Patek only really cost you 8K and some watches you already had anyway. In the end though (speaking from my own experience) you will either keep the PP a while and buy back some or all of the others or wind up buying back the others and trading that PP for a 5070. And on it goes.

enjoy the chase--you have great watches either way.

·
Premium Member
16,811 Posts
I'm still stuck on the 233. I just cant move away from it. Such a beautiful watch!

I do wish you the best of luck in your watch venture.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I would drop the Scuba and the IWC, keep the 233.

+ 14K for the Nautilus then eventually probably trade that towards a 5070 wg

Probably get another AP somewhere in the middle there.. and maybe a Portuguese Doppelchrono.. or Perpetual Calendar

Now I'm just getting greedy!

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm still stuck on the 233. I just cant move away from it. Such a beautiful watch!

I do wish you the best of luck in your watch venture.
You can have first dibs on it if I sell it. Have some killer straps for it too.

Love this buckle:

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That strap looks great! I would need to sell a lung to be able to have that watch. :lol:
Monthly installments available for friends and true enthusiasts. :wink:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I wouldn't do it.

The 5712 is beautiful looking piece. I like the Nautilus line and owned a 5980. However, I wouldn't wear just one same watch everyday. In addition, 5712 is a very thin watch compares to what you have now. Looking at what you own...I assume you like sport watches that are slightly bigger and thicker than most watches. You might get bored of the 5712 very soon.

Perhaps she sings extremely loud to you and you have to get it, at least keep either the Scuba or 233. That's a more balance collection in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts