Luxury4Play.com banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So yesterday I got a call from a buddy of mine and he informed me his barely 1.5-2 year old wheels cracked. I decided to swing by his dealership to take a look and to my surprise this is what I found, cracked spokes not a hoop! I snapped some pics of my buddies 997TT to share with the L4P family. I guess you do get what you pay for. OLD Vossen Forged (which has nothing to do with current Vossen and Vossen Precision Series) is no longer in business unfortunately so my friend cant claim it to them, but we know that COR Forged made the wheels. I personally think COR should step up this time and replace his wheels after all its their manufacturing and product just with a different cap.
Now he is looking to get some new wheels now, any vendors have anything to replace them with?? I told him to check out BBS, HRE, ADV1 maybe some Forgelines.

Be careful what you guys buy! :bow1:

PS. I did get mod approval an permission prior to posting this thread.- JSBZ0X

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
wow no bueno, thank God no one got killed

·
Registered
869 Posts
Wow. That is pretty poor quality. Did he say anything had happened to crack the wheel or did he seem to just notice it one day?

Also, you say its a 4 piece wheel. Looks like a forged mono-block.

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear about your friend's unfortunate experience with the Vossen Forged wheels

As for new wheels, I would suggest ADV5.01SL's

·
Registered
527 Posts
I notified Vossen and COR about this thread. I was unaware that Vossen used COR to manufacturer their wheels.

EDIT: VOSSEN DOES NOT USE COR TO MANUFACTURER THEIR WHEELS. CONFIRMED BY VOSSEN REP!

Michael
Acute Performance

·
Registered
527 Posts
BTW, Vossen and Vossen Forged are two different companies. Maybe OP you should indicate that in your original post. Would suck for Vossen if they had suffer the consequences. :)

Michael

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
BTW, Vossen and Vossen Forged are two different companies. Maybe OP you should indicate that in your original post. Would suck for Vossen if they had suffer the consequences. :)

Michael
Thank you. First thing I though was"Vossen is out of business? I just saw them at SEMA!"

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow. That is pretty poor quality. Did he say anything had happened to crack the wheel or did he seem to just notice it one day?

Also, you say its a 4 piece wheel. Looks like a forged mono-block.
Yea, just noticed it it really just a weekend driver. No track duties or abuse, 2008 997 with 6k on it. almost became a 4 piece wheel had the whole wheel completely broken as did the other COR wheel that was around the internet 2 months ago.

Michael
I fixed it, you are correct. I have alot of respect for Vossen and their product, especially since they just began forged wheels before SEMA. This is about the the build quality which is inextensible.

Wait, is more than one wheels cracked? I'm a little confused because of the different center caps.
Yes it is on more than one wheel. Mismatched caps because when a company no longer is around you have to resort to what you can find.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I notified Vossen and COR about this thread. I was unaware that Vossen used COR to manufacturer their wheels.

EDIT: VOSSEN DOES NOT USE COR TO MANUFACTURER THEIR WHEELS. CONFIRMED BY VOSSEN REP!

Michael
Acute Performance
You are correct, Vossen Precision Series is cut in house by Vossen. The old product was cut by COR as they cut for a few S. Fla companies.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I spoke with COR. Vossen Forged neglected to pay for wheel testing. They just hired COR to cut not test.

So you are telling me, COR is allowing private label companies to cut/sell untested wheels to the public?!? Seriously???!!
How can COR willingly sell a product like this, they will ultimately be liable for anything if this caused an accident or someone got hurt due to their negligence.
I wonder if this is the case for all of COR's private label brands, and even their own wheels. Clearly they do not care about the saftey of the consumers and innocent people who could get hurt.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.