Luxury4Play.com banner

And my new project begins. 3 bedroom 2 bathroom spanish revival/transitional

9K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  Neil Mc Cauley 
#1 ·
I will be posting some pics starting tomorrow of what I've done so far. So far just repairing termite damage on the studs and joists and other cleanup items. I just mounted the Rheam tankless waterheater yesterday and will be under the house tomorrow to cut out old galvy and gas pipes.

Reactions: dotyy
#2 ·
Forgot to mention, I will be creating a master bedroom and master bathroom complete with walkthrough closet and spa bathroom and slipper soaking tub. I will be buying all the appliances this black friday, everything thermador.

#5 ·
It's in the city of South Pasadena on a cul de sac. Small town about 20 minutes north east of Hollywood. If you know anything about CA real estate prices, South Pasadena is on the high end. I spent over 800 on this house and it was really fucked up. You'll know when I post pics I just got a new camera phone so bear with me. I'll be there all day sunday taking pics and cutting out old pipe. Remember this house is in the rough right now so you can get an idea of just how much work this project is.

#7 ·
Mostly in South Pasadena, some in highland park and pasadena. I do both commercial and residential but lately a lot of commercial. The slipper soaking tub I just ordered for this house is incredible. It costs about 6k and about 72 inches long and 32 1/4 inch wide! It will not fit through a standard doorway (usually 32 inches stud to stud) lol so I have to make a custom opening to get this huge sucker in. It also weighs about 500 pounds, its freaking massive made of some type plaster / concrete.

#10 ·
Yah Arcadia is up there too, lots of chinese mc mansions lol. Those damn chinese ppl. Anyway you guys will love this house when its done. I'm buying porcelain tile from porcelanosa which is made in spain for the tile. It's what the ballers in the west side use for their backsplashes and bathrooms. Also the kitchen will have all have custom cabinets with turquoise spanish colonial style backsplash and all Thermador appliances, such as the 48 inch range top with griddle, 52 inch island hood, biult in microwave/convection oven and warming tray and dishwasher. Most rooms will be finished with faux beams to mimic the old world spanish look. Can't wait til its done. I'm guessing it'll be worth about 1.3-5 mill when I'm done. I also ordered 2 new douglas fir entry doors and period correct dual argon gas pane windows comming too.

Reactions: Justin D
#11 · (Edited)
Wall Floor Room Wood House

Property Room Floor Wall House

Floor Flooring Wood Room Stairs

Wall Floor Room Wood House

So I started tearing down some walls to make an open floor plan type of house. Open floor between kitchen and livingroom, and making a master bedroom and turning the old dining room into a master bathroom. It will still be a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home. As you can see lots of work left to do, new dual pane argon gas windows, custom douglas fir doors and much more. Yesterday I spent 23k on Thermador appliances and bathroom hardware on black friday. It's going to be so awesome when its done. Can't wait to show you guys what I bought and how it will all come together in a spanish revival/transitional way.

#13 ·
View attachment 165706
View attachment 165714
View attachment 165722
View attachment 165706

So I started tearing down some walls to make an open floor plan type of house. Open floor between kitchen and livingroom, and making a master bedroom and turning the old dining room into a master bathroom. It will still be a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home. As you can see lots of work left to do, new dual pane argon gas windows, custom douglas fir doors and much more. Yesterday I spent 23k on Thermador appliances and bathroom hardware on black friday. It's going to be so awesome when its done. Can't wait to show you guys what I bought and how it will all come together in a spanish revival/transitional way.
so are you upgrading all the plumbing and electrical?

#15 ·
No, thats a craftsman house that has a big parking lot so I use it to store my cars. This house is in the same city but several blocks away. This too will be a rental.

#25 ·
PEX is the future, you still need copper for outdoor applications but underneath joists and walls PEX is the way to go. Plus those manifolds make everything easy especially if you got the $ to use shark bite fittings. This project I will be using 98% PEX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.