Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All,
This is my first post. I hope I don't step on any toes. Since this is a bit of a commercial post. I have tried to make contact with whoever is on the other end of the advertisement link but have not received a reply. So hopefully this does not get deleted and I do get contacted. I have had a machine/fab shop for over 30 years. I was at a BBQ last summer when in the middle of cooking the guy's grill basically disintegrated. I mentioned I might be able to help him out with a new one. So I came up with this.

It is all stainless steel. The two grills move independently with the one hand wheel. There is a knob in the center of the wheel that selects each grill. Each grill is divided into three sections that can be removed for ease of cleaning.

Here are a couple of more shots:

The brick fire pit was existing and I made grill to fit.

I think I am going to stick with the octagon shape and make the next one as a free standing version with an integral fire box.

Enjoy.

Phil Schack

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
cali style!!!

the telescopic function is badass...

we call em california cowboy style grills around here.

as a metal work "fanboy" I think you have some great skills.

Welcome

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the compliment. The grills actually hang on aircraft cable.
This is inside the top cross tube:

I had to think about this one for a bit.

Thanks again,

Phil

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi ChumpChange,

The grills stop within 4 inches of each other no matter where they are in elevation. However that's not a bad idea. It would be matter of mounting the grills off center on the lift plates. You have to be careful when you build stuff and hand it to people. If you give them too many options they can get into trouble. I just made it so you couldn't crash the grills and lock up the lift mechanism.

Thanks for your interest,

Phil

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
very cool design, but wouldn't you want a cover for the grill sometimes? if a windy day, drizzle of rain, etc...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will be building a domed lid that fits on the upper grill frame. By taking out the upper grill bars and installing the lid you can raise and lower the lid relative to the lower grill, increasing or decreasing the oven effect and regulate the heat by raising and lowering both relative to the fire.

Thanks again for the compliments and the interest.

Phil

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
very cool and unique design

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Greetings BullsFTW,
Hope all is well in the northwest. I appreciate your interest. I feel that high functionality within a simple design falls under elegant. Interesting could be used to describe the lint in your naval.

Best regards,

Phil

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wow..... I love everything even down to that finish. I'm not sure if its just the pictures, but it certainly doesn't look like just bare metal. I would defintely buy one if I had an outdoor fire pit. Its beautiful in the fact that outwardly it looks so simple. The spoked wheel to turn it lends a very old school classic feel to it. Very cool and mega props for designing and excecuting something like this. I love everything about it!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Greetings BullsFTW,
Hope all is well in the northwest. I appreciate your interest. I feel that high functionality within a simple design falls under elegant. Interesting could be used to describe the lint in your naval.

Best regards,

Phil
Good point :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts