Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sponsor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did anyone notice the 7 speed dual clutch transaxle as standard equipment? Finally Mercedes/AMG have a worthy transmission for their performance cars! :D

·
Registered
661 Posts
Would be interested to see the matte finishes.. and the T1000 LIQUID METAL finish

·
Registered
583 Posts
only sounds semi impressive, I agree i'd love to see the finishes especially the matte, liquid im pretty sure is the same as the standard SLR paint(correct me if im wrong), otherwise idk.. i love AMG's and mercedes just this one doesn't seem to shine to me or at least it doesnt yet :whistle: hope it does though

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I am interested to see what the final design is going to look like. Seems they are really pushing the interior of the car.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm looking forward to it. It's nice to see AMG step it up (hopefully) and push the brand.

I am somewhat puzzled by some of the options & pricing; 5k for CF mirror covers (that will be $100 or so on ebay), but "only" 12k for a carbon composite brake system? I think I know where my $$ would go.

·
Sponsor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From the spy pics I've seen, It will not be a "great" looking car. The SLR will still be more attractive from a visual perspective, HOWEVER! the SLR was let down by an auto gearbox, whereas the SLS will have a proper dual clutch 7 speed manual transaxle. Mercedes/AMG developed the SLS as a true performance car, as in all around performance (acceleration,deceleration,corner speed,stability etc) not just straightline speed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
interesting info. merc seems to be taking the correct direction with this car. wish there was a manual gearbox option but didn't really expect them to offer one. the DSG should be much better than the slushboxs they've been putting in everything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts