Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm visiting a local BMW dealership here in Birmingham and I walk upon this dry erase board. Thought it was pretty cool to see my X5 rated at #2 on the list. I've always thought the 08' X5 has the best blend of aggressiveness and style as well as had the least mechanical and electrical issues. 95,000 miles and still runs and functions flawlessly. This just reaffirms my talent for choosing good year models.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Parents are thinking of scooping up a new X4; they are new to the BMW brand. Your thoughts?
It really depends on what your parents are looking for. If they just had to have a BMW SUV I'd choose the X4 35i.

However, I've had my experiences with brand new cars. This is why I've preferred to wait 2 to 4 years--See how well they hold up to the general populus.

So far, I haven't heard any serious issues with the Land Rover Evoque (4-door) 2012 and up. Though it has a smaller, less powerful engine than the 35i the interior and exterior is more refined, sleeker than the X4. The Evoque also has a 9-speed gearbox whereas the X4 is an 8-speed. Both range in the 25 to 28 mpg range, though I think the 9 speed Evoque may be better in that category.

Neither the X4 nor the Evoque have any cargo space. So, if space is a concern for your parents, then I'd get an X5.

Overall build quality is better with the X4. Finally, the X4 goes for the best price brand new. Or you can get a used 2012-14 Evoque for between $30,000 to $40,000.

Personally, I always go for reliability and power. The X4 has more power and reliability.

also, personally, I'd take a used X6 over both.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
weird board.
Everything listed up there except the X5, the 335 and the 328i are a dime a dozen in Metro Birmingham. I may have seen two 335's in a year on the road and maybe one 328i. There are tons of E53 X5's and a dozen F15 X5's out there but I've only seen three or four E70 X5's.

Everyone was pretty busy when I passed through last time. Next time I come through there and buy a BMW polo shirt (cause' I got no mechanical or electronic issues!!) I'm going to pull a mechanic aside and ask him why those cars are such hot items for that dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts