Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
A bit of advertising history for you guys about Gulf Racing. The pair of horse shoes seen on the rear of this car was to advertise Gulf Oil's No Nox gasoline, which was their premium petrol in the 60's. When a politician was supported by Gulf Oil, or a voter was a supporter, they wore gold twin horse shoe pins with their party's mascot on them.
Thats really cool I didn't know that.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Spotted this beautiful Ford GT in Venice, Florida 2 nights ago. What a beautiful car, and I beleive the car was modified by Heffner. A complete beauty :) Sorry for the phone quality.
Notice the C Shelby license plate, and the car's dashboard was also signed by Mr. Shelby.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That superb. What is the maximum speed of this car. Also tell me about the performance of this car.
i heard that this car is ever best car in the world. no one can beat this car. I think if people buy this
car and get into race tracks then it would be a great fun. But it is not easy to purchase this car.
It worth millions. am i right?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
That superb. What is the maximum speed of this car. Also tell me about the performance of this car.
i heard that this car is ever best car in the world. no one can beat this car. I think if people buy this
car and get into race tracks then it would be a great fun. But it is not easy to purchase this car.
It worth millions. am i right?
Keith, you need to do some research. Best car in the world ever built? No. Pagani, Koenigsegg, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren... all better manufacturers. Their cars are just built to a higher standard. However, they also cost more. Best bang for your buck out there? There are strong arguments for that case. Few cars in the world can do what the Ford GT does at its price (when it was new). Performance of the Ford GT? Insane is a good description of it. The 5.4L V8 in the FGT is bullet proof and was made for stupid levels of boost. Some owners have put twin turbos on their FGT's and pushed it north of 1000 HP with an otherwise stock vehicle. The few FGT's that have been completely overhauled for speed with more than 1500 HP still use the stock transaxle.

You asked what is the maximum speed of the FGT. The answer is how deep can a submarine Captain take his vessel? The Captain doesn't know, he can only tell you how deep his submarine has been. During development, Ford did extensive wind tunnel testing of the GT. In order to make the car safe for 200+ MPH speeds and not void the warranty, Ford had to test the FGT to an incredible speed. The aerodynamics on the FGT have been tested to be stable up to 260 MPH. The few who have dared go that fast say they could keep the car straight with just a finger if they really wanted to. At that speed, the force caused by the wind bottoms out the front shocks and makes the rear end very light. Still the FGT is stable at speeds most wouldn't attempt even if they had the chance. Oh and the Ford GT doesn't cost millions. Some of the original GT40's that raced in the 60's are worth millions, the Ford GT however is worth from around $170-250K, depending on color.

The Ford GT has been on numerous tracks, both for fun and as professional race cars. Not too long ago, a FGT won 3rd place at Le Mans in the GT1 class. Sadly the few race spec'd Ford GTs that competed under private teams are no longer in endurance racing. Ford never intended for the GT to be raced however and no one in the program thought the car would go as many places as it has. Many thought the cars produced would remain stock and thought of only as an investment.

As per the overall design of the car, you have to consider it as a race car that was turned into a street car. That is what the Ford GT represents, a streetable modern version of an iconic race car from the golden age of racing. Recently, a well known FGT owner had one of his FGT's out at the track. A Bugatti Veyron was there that day as well. He was having issues with the FGT not getting proper boost but was still doing north of 200 MPH on every run. The Veyron didn't even break 200 MPH in 3 passes and Bugatti techs ended up forcing the owner to stop because they didn't want to look bad. One of the techs went and talked to the FGT owner and looked at the car. The tech was shocked that the FGT used a manual transmission, as if it was an ancient technology not used any more. If you approach a Ford GT as you would a Ferrari F430, you might be disappointed. The FGT is raw, brutal, savage and yet precise, honed and refined. A Ferrari is not designed to be raw and refined at the same time for any era Ferrari you look at, even if certain aspects lack refinement. The Ford GT is its own breed entirely.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well said Fastfords, I'll have to post the couple pics I got on the grey/black FGT that rolled through here with the Fireball Run, was a rumor going around that it's a Hennessey car but I didn't see any markings

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
The sad thing about the Ford GT is how hard it is to get parts for it. Ford doesn't produce all the parts anymore and all the spares are sold by now. A minor accident can total a FGT now and that sucks. I'm sure one day in the near future some companies will be born from this issue and produce CF replacements for things like body panels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ever since I was a kid, I've loved the look of the Ford GT40 race cars from the 60's. There's something about these cars that just gets the my blood pumping. I couldn't believe my eyes and ears when Ford decided to bring them back as a production vehicle... Awesome!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts