Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm in a bit of a jam. I've been looking for a 430 Scuderia and recently one popped up at my local dealer with 1,400 miles on it. I just want to make sure I'm buying this car right.

I did some research on all the used auto sales websites and the asking prices are all over the place. So I'm looking for a second opinion.

The Car as it stands is Red with the red/black alcantara interior.
Full Carbon package
Stripes
Shields

His bottom line is 230k. Am I buying this car right?

Also he has a used 458 that he's asking 15k over for which comes out to 280k.

Also, I'm wondering which car do you think will take a bigger hit over the winter? I'm going to say the Scuderia but not by much, I don't see these cars selling for under 200 next year.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2008 MY, yes

Yes CPO'ed I'm buying through a Ferrari Dealer

Silver Wheels

No Odd color options as far as I know.

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
There is many sponsors here that would gladly help answer your question. Please call DC Motors and talk to Doug. He will give you the bottom line. Tell him you are from L4P. Also you can call Davis Exotics, Grady or Symbolic let me know if you need help. I'll be glad to help.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't pay more than $210-215k. Car is no where near worth $230k being a 08 car. Wholesale that car is worth $200k-205k.
Thanks, I was wondering what wholesale on this car would be.

I'm pretty positive I'm paying a premium to become a customer of the dealers, and to be able to order new cars and pay sticker for them down the road.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
really....you want to pay extra ??

·
Registered
8 Posts
you are paying definitely way to much for an 08 430 Scuderia you can get an 09 for that price or even cheaper, 08 Scuds are going for around 200k if I were you i would go for the 458 even though it costs more and you are going to pay an extra 15k on top of MSRP, the car is more likely to hold its value for the next two years or until the "Lightened" version of the 458 is debuted.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The 458 has a farther to fall in absolute dollar terms but the Scuderia is priced about $30k over market for an 08 right now at $230k.

On the other hand, the 458 seems like a fair price right now as brand new/ordered cars are still selling for a healthy premium over sticker. That may change in 6 months but so far it is still true in most parts of the country.

If you were to buy and sell tomorrow, you would immediately lose $40k+ in the 08 Scuderia and you may only lose $20k (if that) in the 458.

If you are paying up now in the hope of getting cheaper and newer cars in the future, you should buy the 458.

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
In 6 to 12 months the 458 will be dropping.

As far as long term value, the Scud will be fine. Compare to the Sradale. Values have held.

Buy a scud at 180 to 190 and you are good for a year. I think they are one of the best deals out there right now. Tons of performance and exclusivety for the dollar. Nothing in that range will touch in on a track. Very few look quite as good. In 2 years my guess they will be in the 150 to 160 range.

The 458 has a farther to fall in absolute dollar terms but the Scuderia is priced about $30k over market for an 08 right now at $230k.

On the other hand, the 458 seems like a fair price right now as brand new/ordered cars are still selling for a healthy premium over sticker. That may change in 6 months but so far it is still true in most parts of the country.

If you were to buy and sell tomorrow, you would immediately lose $40k+ in the 08 Scuderia and you may only lose $20k (if that) in the 458.

If you are paying up now in the hope of getting cheaper and newer cars in the future, you should buy the 458.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In 6 to 12 months the 458 will be dropping.

As far as long term value, the Scud will be fine. Compare to the Sradale. Values have held.

Buy a scud at 180 to 190 and you are good for a year. I think they are one of the best deals out there right now. Tons of performance and exclusivety for the dollar. Nothing in that range will touch in on a track. Very few look quite as good. In 2 years my guess they will be in the 150 to 160 range.
too bad he isnt saying the 430 is for 180-190k he is saying the Scuderia is 230k which is extremely overpriced for that car...09 for whole sale is 180k and the proposed scuderia right now is 230k and is an 08 definitely trying to screw him on this deal

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've been scouring the internet to find 430 scuderia's priced anywhere near 180-190k and all I could find was that one car in IL for the asking price of 199,900.

I also figured you can probably buy these cars for 10k under asking price. The one in IL is an 08 too.

I think the prices stated in this thread are on the low end.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wholesale on an 2008 is less than $200K. So you figure out whether its worth it buy from your dealer. In the Ferrari Mafia world - sometimes you have to pay more just to stay on your dealership's waiting list. If it is worth it to you then do it. Personally I wouldn't pay $230k for it.

Regarding the F458 - how many miles? If it is just a few hundred miles then I would go for that one. But there is always room for negotiation.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
I've been scouring the internet to find 430 scuderia's priced anywhere near 180-190k and all I could find was that one car in IL for the asking price of 199,900.

I also figured you can probably buy these cars for 10k under asking price. The one in IL is an 08 too.

I think the prices stated in this thread are on the low end.
have you called and talked to any of the car dealers on here...------>

1 - 20 of 22 Posts