Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm planning on getting a new ride , was deciding between the 2007-2008 Alpina B7 or a 2012 750i.
From Anyone who has owned any of these two , need some feedback. Maintenance , Power Etc!
Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Are you getting the 7 series cause it's a 7? Or do you need a large sedan like this?

Keep in mind that the 2012 has a 6 speed. Get a 550i, in my opinion it is better than the 7.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
why is the 550i better than the 7 in your opinion?

Are you getting the 7 series cause it's a 7? Or do you need a large sedan like this?

Keep in mind that the 2012 has a 6 speed. Get a 550i, in my opinion it is better than the 7.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
why is the 550i better than the 7 in your opinion?
Lighter.
Smaller.
Quicker.
Nimbler.
Big Enough.
Better mpg.
Looks better.
As luxurious as the 7 if equipped with individual package.
Has all the tech of a 7.
Cheaper.
Slower depreciation.
2012 550i has an eight speed ZF.
Cheaper insurance.

I personally wouldn't even buy a 550i. 535i is perfect.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Get audi S8 better then 740 and 550 together :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
AMG C63 done deal!
i Love how this thread goes from a guy asking for help on deciding between 2 very specific 4 door sedans and this pops up. To answer you question 2012 750 over the 2008 B7. if you are looking into other options I own the 550 and have driven the 750 multiple times, never a B7 though and would assume the driving experience is on a whole different level, but for me 550>750 in driveability, looks, mpg, IMO looks, and yes they can be very well equipped. I am just not a fan of buying a 6-7 year old car that is rare that it sounds like you would be driving daily. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions regarding the 550. I personally love it and don't have the need for anything bigger.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Last time I checked this is a car Forum correct? I like the B7 it's a great car but in my "OPION" I think the AMG C63 is a better car just pointing that out LOL some people!!!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Last time I checked this is a car Forum correct? I like the B7 it's a great car but in my "OPION" I think the AMG C63 is a better car just pointing that out LOL some people!!!
Yeah but he stated that his interest is in 2 specific cars. A C63 is way different then a 7 series..

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
The Alpina is a special version of an older generation car. Do you have any idea how expensive the Alpina wheels are? Just get a new 7-eries and enjoy the ride, because if you don't know whether to get a base 7-series or an Alpina, you're probably good with a base car. Maybe go with the LI if you're feeling particularly frisky.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts