Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
https://4c.alfaromeo.com/en_us?bid=8331400&sid=888417&pid=112521714&adid=286228629&cid=60241820&buytype=IM&TR=1&channel=display

thoughts
-money, 68.4 +++ is about 74,000 OTD without ANY options
-the inside looks fantastic, much better than the elise and better than the evora
-4 pot brembo should be adequate for its power level
-weight is about right at 2450
-NO mention of mechanical LSD under any option pkg so if this is true this kills any car for me
-they put the wrong motor in it for the cars image/personality, will drive like a truck kind of power band and run out of steam making you short shift it constantly, should have gone n/a V6/IL6 otherwise swap cams and put a bigger turbo on it.
-DCT is a big plus
-looks are subjective but its definitely unique

overall, having owned an elise and regularly tracked it an exige s 240/evora/evora s I think this thing is facing an uphill battle it cant possibly hope to win, then you include price into the mix and it makes it even more clear. Well see how it turns out but thats what were looking it. Big price to pay for "uniqueness" not to be confused with exclusivity in this case. However, for a NON drivers car this is perfect for the well heeled LA hipster or woman who would otherwise consider a cayman

·
Registered
638 Posts
I agree, I'd be concerned with the lack of LSD and the tiny turbo 4. It is a very good looking car and I like that it is lightweight.

I would probably not consider purchasing one. Not that I could afford one, anyway.

·
Registered
610 Posts
My take:

Keep the cod-piece carbon fiber tub, and give me back 30 grand on the sticker. Car would be just fine with an extra 150lbs via an aluminum monocoque, and a $40k MSRP. Oh, wait... they're making that. Mazda's going to sell it to us next year for $30k.

·
Registered
276 Posts
My take:

Keep the cod-piece carbon fiber tub, and give me back 30 grand on the sticker. Car would be just fine with an extra 150lbs via an aluminum monocoque, and a $40k MSRP. Oh, wait... they're making that. Mazda's going to sell it to us next year for $30k.
I disagree...considering power it puts out it needs all the weight cutting it can get to ensure its driving dynamics as a sports car. But on a different note my only problem with the car is the lack of a manual option. I think this is a car that needs to be offered with a manual trans.DCT is nice and it suits some cars better I get that but for this car I think a manual should be an option

·
Registered
610 Posts
Welcome disagreement. But to substantiate it, you'd need to address cost. Power can be easily added to compensate for mild weight increases. This car gained 300lbs coming over from Europe due to US regulations; it has already been muscled out of its fighting weight by our legislature, rendering that mostly moot. Driving dynamics have already been compromised. And it's 70 grand.

Beyond an exotic tub, the car is a collection of basic ingredients. Basic plastic spartan interior, basic tooling, basic suspension and drivetrain. Where's all that money if not in the tub?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Beyond an exotic tub, the car is a collection of basic ingredients. Basic plastic spartan interior, basic tooling, basic suspension and drivetrain. Where's all that money if not in the tub?
I agree that value isn't there, but worth is in consumer demand. Alfa has a cult-like following. I know 4-5 guys within 20 miles of me that dropped deposits the first chance they got. Same reason Lamborghini is getting $5,500 for the clear bonnet on the Huracan. People will pay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts